Another fuel injector install aftermath question Yippee!!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
From what I've been told, the 2005+ has the fuel filter in the tank as part of the pump assembly.

2001ZR2

Jul 16, 2019
Kansas
The sensor on the manifold is the MAP sensor and if you don't have a MAF this is one of the ways the truck calculates the fuel trim if I recall correctly.

There is no fuel filter external to the tank on a 2005 Trailblazer which I have.

Check the fuel pressure mine ran just fine on 38 psig instead of 50-57. Code vanished after fuel pump change. Use AC-Delco I got a US made one from Amazon thru ACDelco.

another thing to consider is the exhaust manifolds crack on these so much so that Dorman sells a replacement. I had a cracked Exh manifold and no bolt heads on #6.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I think I might have found the issue and why it’s having issues starting etc.. I got a code today when the check engine light come on.
It said my O2 sensor is bad and that would make a lot of sense why it bucks at times, trouble starting and strange power surges. If the o2 sensor is shot that would explain a lot it just happened to have weird timing that it would pop while I was doing the injectors. What do you guys think?

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I was using the MX, but went to the "+" to be compatible with IOS. Has very fast refresh rate. This coupled with the Torque Pro app will help to remove a lot of guesswork.

Would the bad 02 sensor cause a 1000 RPM idle?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I was using the MX, but went to the "+" to be compatible with IOS. Has very fast refresh rate. This coupled with the Torque Pro app will help to remove a lot of guesswork.

Would the bad 02 sensor cause a 1000 RPM idle?
I’m thinking that it would because if the O2 sensor is bad then it’s making the TB and engine thinks it needs more air while idling because the 02 isn’t reading the right o2 amount

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online