Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Definitely worth saving... 39k mile V8

2004 BUICK RAINIER CXL

Reactions: Mooseman

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Nice but, that salvage title would be the deal breaker for me...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It probably got that because the insurance company totaled it. I don't know how it works in the US but here, it can be repaired, inspected and returned to the road however would have a "rebuilt" title or designation, which may reduce its value but can be explained with what was done and the Copart listing and pics. Unfortunately rebuilts have a bad reputation as some unscrupulous resellers that will take really totaled cars, mash two of them together and resell it not disclosing it's rebuilt.

So Brian, you looking for another project? :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Redbeard

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not of this flavor. Besides, that Gold is a deal breaker for me. :no:

Im looking for a Mazda CX9/CX5 Grand Touring or Buick Envision Avenir or Acura RDX/MDX thats reasonable, and with HUD.

Reactions: Mooseman

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Nice but, that salvage title would be the deal breaker for me...
Salvage titles mean nothing if you know the damage history. This should not have been totaled. A rim, and reattach of the bumper? Maybe a fender liner? I could do this in my sleep!

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Salvage titles mean nothing if you know the damage history. This should not have been totaled. A rim, and reattach of the bumper? Maybe a fender liner? I could do this in my sleep!
It's not the wrenching or history that bothers me, it's the red tape. In NY you have to go through a DMV inspection to get it re-titled.
My Nephew just went through it with a PA salvaged Golf. He said that they spent most of the inspection looking for stolen parts and little else.

TollKeeper

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online