And the hunt continues...

Mooseman

Got a flight planned, but not booked, one way, for 30 bucks....
That's it? Is it a paper plane? That is dirt cheap. You can't drive for that little.

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

That's it? Is it a paper plane? That is dirt cheap. You can't drive for that little.
Yeap, thats it.. Its actually 25, plus taxes, 28.40 total.

Edit: At that price, I might upgrade to first class.. Cause why not. New Total. 58.40

Last edited:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
FYI - Ran into a You Tuber who may have some insight on the Escalade and swapping some things out, including the AWD system.

I watched videos today from him on swapping in a 4L80e (after rebuilding it); installing a different AWD case (b/c the spline count on the output shafts differ), etc.

His username is A21Bravo. You'll find a ton of stuff by him. The sections / project you'll want to look at, he calls his 'Dadillac'. He's also hopped it up a bit, too.

If you watch long enough, you'll see that he also builds a turbo system on the truck.

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

They got the loan check this morning, and the lady at the dealer called, said I have good news, and bad news. Got your loan check this morning for the Escalade, but one of the other sales people sold it about an hour before we got the couriered check.

I am just having zero luck.. Mother F*&^%$*&%(*!!!

Told her to send the check back to the finance company

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Went and looked at a NNBS Yukon yesterday. Wont be buying that either. Had the options I wanted, but was just uncomfortable. GM, being an American company, seems to have forgotten that a lot of Americans are FAT, and need a bigger seat. The new Yukon's are built for skinny ass's.

The rest of the market seems to be baron on the used market, or extremely overpriced. Theres a local guy selling a 2013 Escalade for 42k. Its worth, on a good day, maybe 24-26. Its really low miles. But no where near 42k.

Another stupidly overpriced truck..

Got a Rainier V8 that I keep looking at, and its still on the dealers lot (surprisingly), with 51k miles. But I think its just going to be to small moving forward. They are also asking a bit much for it, at 12k. It does have the RSE, but no Sunroof. Its a really pretty color too. I think it would be a great car for the wife, but she just wont let go of her Aztek.

:poke::deadhorse::bonk:

Mooseman

Just keep going like you are and don't do like me and desperation shop. That's what happened to me with the Av after the Saab's engine blew and wound up with a problem plagued rust bucket.

HARDTRAILZ

Just bought a 08 yukon XL w dead lifter from DOD but that just means newly built motor. A member from here keyed me into it last night and sent payment before it went to auction.

I really wanted an ESV but one decently priced sold n had no luck on any another

northcreek

All due respects and I feel that we are all basically all GM guys and this is a GM site but, why limit the search to GM.
Other companies make great trucks too and as much as I hate straying out of my comfort zone I have to say it has been a refreshing experience for me.
Hey, it's your money and you deserve to get what works for you regardless of who makes it.:twocents:

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

I have been looking at other makes. Problem comes down to, I need a full size. So it limits to a few vehicles.

Dodge doesn't really make a full size, but have been looking for a Durango v8 to at least look at.

Jeep Commander v8 would be a good one, if I could find one, that isn't beat, and low miles

Toyota/Lexus is out. Not even really considering them. Insanely overpriced anyways.

Nissan/Infinity I have been looking, they are generally better priced than ToyLex. The 5.6 in the Armada/QX are actually pretty good engines.

Been looking for a Ford/Lincoln Expedition/Navigator with the 5.0 Coyote engine (no Triton please), but those are generally hard to find. They are out there thou. But Ford electronics are always garbage, especially the Sync crap. The new Lincoln Aviator GT would be awesome, but not really looking to drop 70g, and I don't want a Ford anything with a turbo.

Can't afford a Benz GLE

NO BMW!
NO VW!
NO AUDI!

I like being able to work on my cars, and the Germans really don't want you to.

Back on the GM side, nothing newer than 2006, and I want the 6.0 if at all possible. Hate the 2007+ interior, feels so cheap, and not comfortable. 2014+ are a bit better, but not by much. And the 2021's I really don't like. Love the 3.0 Dmax, interior is no bueno.

Mooseman

All due respects and I feel that we are all basically all GM guys and this is a GM site but, why limit the search to GM.
Other companies make great trucks too and as much as I hate straying out of my comfort zone I have to say it has been a refreshing experience for me.
Hey, it's your money and you deserve to get what works for you regardless of who makes it.:twocents:
I have been looking at other makes.

Heresy! Both of you thou shalt be banned! (Just kidding :biggrin: )

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

So I find.. What I think is the holy grail (for me)..

Get to the dealer, and look at the truck, and red flags are just going off, at alarming rates..

I find the truck had been sold recently as a Theft Recovery..

Heres the problem.. The dealer CAN NOT legally sell this truck

Why?

The truck literally has NOT A SINGLE VIN TAG on the entire truck..

Engine block? Gone
Firewall? Gone
Glovebox? Gone
Frame Rail? Gone
Each door (5), plus hood, and glass, and...? GONE
Transmission? Gone

He cant sell it, without catching a Felony for selling a vehicle with a Altered VIN.

Anyone with a sharp eye will see the next glaring problem..
The speedometer in the theft auction is a silver overlayed Regency speedo (no miles showing)
The speedometer in the craigslist ad is Black showing 56k miles. And these are the miles the dealer is claiming the truck has.. No way to verify it.

The drivers seat looks more like it has 130k miles.

Its a shame, other than no locking axle, it has all the options I want.

gmcman

Hey @TollKeeper , I'm in the same situation, every turn I make something is wrong or it gets sold.

There's a 2013 Suburban coming up for sale in a few days near me, a bit more than I want to pay for it, but it's worth it.

2013 2500 LT with I believe 80 sh K miles in the low $30's. Dark bronze exterior, black interior, 2nd row buckets.

I can send you the info.

I looked at a 2012 Yukon XL Denali today, very clean and was surprised to see it has a 2nd row bench.

What was more surprising......is THEY DON'T FREAKING RECLINE! WTH? Edited to add: Unless the 2nd row bench reclines with a pull of a different lever, can anyone confirm this?

Apparently you need 2nd row buckets to have the recline feature so that may be one I reluctantly pass up. One more discovery I have made in my quest.

Last edited:
OP
TollKeeper

TollKeeper

Thanks for the offer, but I am after a SWB Tahoe, Yukon, Escalade. Dont need the 2500, or the LWB.. Hell, I dont even need the 3rd row. But you cant buy one of these trucks without it, unless its a SSV (Police) package.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuckyLuce

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom