An offer too good to refuse - from Vertical Scope

The_Roadie

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Our admin jman423 has been off the scene for a while, but we found out over the weekend why. He's been negotiating a cease-fire and merger of GMTN back with Trailvoy. The name of the new combined site will be GMTTVN, and since they have NO volunteer moderators at the moment, our team will take over clean-up of the wasteland that Trailvoy had become. Lots of work to do - lots of noobs to welcome and bring up to speed.

The purchase price is confidential, but suffice it to say that there is more than enough to go around, not just for the moderator team, but also all contributing members of GMTN. Make sure you all tell us your Paypal account details, but we anticipate a payoff ratio of around 4.1-to-1, so if you are in at the $25 level, you will be getting a one-time transfer of $102.50. Sorry we couldn't make anything work out for the non-contributors, but that's the breaks.

We have to bury the hatchet, but it was significant that VS made the first overture, being over a year since the Great Exodus. They realize their style of advertising to noobs who only came looking for a helpful community was a bankrupt one in the long term, and was only cementing their reputation as the Internet Destroyer of Communities. Merging back in with GMTN is their attempt at repairing this poor reputation and they are highly motivated to make it work. From re-opening the sticker store to funding a presence at Carlisle to assisting with BBQ food at regional meets.

So welcome the Trailvoy Admin (as soon as I approve his membership so he can post here and not get banned) and don't let the animosity of the past color your affable good natures. I know it took me a while to embrace the concept of a friendly merge, but I'm with the program, and you can trust me it's a good thing for the community.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
I, for one, welcome our new vs overlords.

rjpoog1989

Dec 4, 2011
Ilikemy3s said:
April Fools Joke right ? Please tell me your joking

I doubt it, ya had to see this one coming.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I can't approve Cayne's account from my phone. I'll do it tonight after work.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Yay, lets do it!

I'm betting this is an April Fools deal! :rotfl:

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Fixed it. (I hope)

the roadie said:
Our admin jman423 has been off the scene for a while, but we found out over the weekend why. He's been negotiating a cease-fire and merger of GMTN back with Trailvoy. The name of the new combined site will be GMTTVN, and since they have NO volunteer moderators at the moment, our team will take over clean-up of the wasteland that Trailvoy had become. Lots of work to do - lots of noobs to welcome and bring up to speed.

The purchase price is confidential, but suffice it to say that there is more than enough to go around, not just for the moderator team, but also all contributing members of GMTN. Make sure you all tell us your Paypal account details, but we anticipate a payoff ratio of around 4.1-to-1, so if you are in at the $25 level, you will be getting a one-time transfer of $102.50. Sorry we couldn't make anything work out for the non-contributors, but that's the breaks.

We have to bury the hatchet, but it was significant that VS made the first overture, being over a year since the Great Exodus. They realize their style of advertising to noobs who only came looking for a helpful community was a bankrupt one in the long term, and was only cementing their reputation as the Internet Destroyer of Communities. Merging back in with GMTN is their attempt at repairing this poor reputation and they are highly motivated to make it work. From re-opening the sticker store to funding a presence at Carlisle to assisting with BBQ food at regional meets.

So welcome the Trailvoy Admin (as soon as I approve his membership so he can post here and not get banned) and don't let the animosity of the past color your affable good natures. I know it took me a while to embrace the concept of a friendly merge, but I'm with the program, and you can trust me it's a good thing for the community.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Never believed it for a second, nice try roadie. :raspberry:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
:undecided:
i figure, by Roadie's calc., and my monetary contribution, i've got approx. $410.00 coming.
which i would turn around and re-invest in a new site (started of course by our current admin & staff)
because w/ in a short time, VS would turn the new GMTTVN into a ghost land, just like TV.
then the new site would do so well, VS would come w/ another offer.
but, this time, the newest site is SOO BIG AND POWERFUL, that it purchases VS in a hostile takeover.
:undecided:

Nice one Roadie

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
DIAF :tongue:

animal

Dec 4, 2011
Almost as good as the "Roadiemobile for sale" on the OS a couple of years ago:thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Oh this is a brilliant idea, lets merge together and have some fun :argue: :poke: :Boxin: :argue: :poke: :Boxin:

I don't feel so good :puke:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
subscribed to this thread as I do not believe this either...

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
YAY! So can I merge my post counts? :biggrin:

Oh, wait I was deleted. EDIT: Yep, still banned.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
yea... something still isn't right... the only 2 people to reply have less then 15 posts after over 8 months of being member... im smelling shrill accounts lol...

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
The other mods should get an email (sent to the email that they used when they joined trailvoy) which will reset their password and account.

I still can't get into the mod CP over there though.:mad:

BTW who da fuck is Jake?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Suddenly I feel the need to go to the Beer Store, and then a brief time out :tequila:, and then re visit this thread....

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
With all the drama that went down on trailvoy and shit talkin and vertical scope being vertical scope you guys wanna merge??? WTF?? SO how about alk the members that bought GMTnation decals do they get free gmttvnation ones?(or whatever its gonna he called.) I STILL call BS!

Menthol

Dec 8, 2011
MAY03LT said:
The other mods should get an email (sent to the email that they used when they joined trailvoy) which will reset their password and account.

I still can't get into the mod CP over there though.:mad:

BTW who da fuck is Jake?

Careful, could be your boss :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
whether its BS or not... this is the most action I've seen in one thread in a while here lol

edit: just went up to 28 as I was posting lol...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 20

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
jrSS said:
With all the drama that went down on trailvoy and shit talkin and vertical scope being vertical scope you guys wanna merge??? WTF?? SO how about alk the members that bought GMTnation decals do they get free GMTtvnation ones?(or whatever its gonna he called.) I STILL call BS!

At least we're still in first place...:thumbsup:

Now to the Beer Store before the SOB closes....

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
jrSS said:
With all the drama that went down on trailvoy and shit talkin and vertical scope being vertical scope you guys wanna merge??? WTF?? SO how about alk the members that bought GMTnation decals do they get free gmttvnation ones?(or whatever its gonna he called.) I STILL call BS!

Bro I got another kid on the way and we're living off of my income alone. The money I'm getting from the merge and from selling VS the rights to my youtube videos are going to help us out BIG time.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
There is NO way in trailvoy hell is vertical scope gonna give up there greediness. NO WAY. BS BS BS BS BS BS BS.

animal

Dec 4, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
At least we're still in first place...:thumbsup:

Now to the Beer Store before the SOB closes....

Grab me a case while your there. Corona's please.:cool:

Don't forget the limes

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
MAY03LT said:
Bro I got another kid on the way and we're living off of my income alone. The money I'm getting from the merge and from selling VS the rights to my youtube videos are going to help us out BIG time.

Good luck with that. Still don't believe it. I'll tell u what...I'll believe it when i see it.
This thread is good for my post count. :tongue:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online