An EXCELLENT 4L60E & Transfer Case Repair Video Series

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This VOP (Video Original Poster) takes us through an interesting Video Series covering the (5) Year performance history he's had as the owner of a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Pick Up Truck that begins in Part #2 with the R&R and Complete Rebuild of his 4L60E Transmission AND his 4WD Transfer Case.

There is much to learn here for ANYONE relying upon their 4L60E Transmissions and 4WD set ups if Re-Building them comes to mind at some point. Be advised that at the very start of Video #1, it might SEEM like this Young Man's Story will turn out to be a "A Yawn"... But Don't be fooled... He knows EXACTLY what he is doing ...and he is NOT afraid to get his hands dirty to make things Right. Everything else that follows is densely packed with Good How-To Re-Build the 4L60E in VERY Fine Grain Narration and Visual Detail:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It helps to speed up the video to 1.5x. it's a lot of videos to watch. I gave up on the tranny ones as that is just too complicated for me but the TC ones were interesting.

Reactions: mrrsm

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I was actually planning on getting a transmission from the junkyard and rebuilding it. I just could never find a video that was slow enough to fully understand what they were pulling out and how they put the parts back in. I could only find those shop videos where they rip them apart in like 10 minutes.
Thanks MRRSM!

Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online