mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Why SO Many Modules?

Modules?
For re-directing Air Flow Under a Dashboard? Really? And when (NOT If…) any or ALL of them manages to Break… You are DONE without having to tear into the Dashboard and contort yourself out of all decency in order to Replace these “Modules”? Really?

COME ON!!!

WTF!!!

We’ve become so dependent upon these Excessively Used Electronic Devices that presently, the Chinese Communists who produce certain Modules for our BIG North American Auto Industry Makers are able to bring this Industry Down to a Creeping Crawl by their simple act of Production Denial? Really?

WTF!!!

Well… If you want to experience some Temporary, Blessed Relief from having your own RANT about this common experience among us all over the years… Just watch from around 13:20 onward into the latest Autobiography Video from Andrew Camarata and check out what he finally did in this situation that is such a Soul Satisfying PUSH BACK against this MODULE MADNESS!

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
That's hilarious! I can only duplicate in a small scale what he does.....
The automatic hvac changed to shaft drive?? - hmmm --- I repaired three actuators four years ago and so far all the repairs have held.
And I really do need a mini excavator. Somewhere there's a hole needing to be dug and a rock needing to be shifted:crackup:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I’ve ranted so much lately about “Having TOO Many Modules…” that it was sadly refreshing to hear it being echoed from someone considered as being a "Confucius of Car Repairs…” and learn more interesting “Stuff”. Wait a Minute! Holy Smokes, Folks! Is THIS Eric "O" from South Main Auto saying,

"I wish I NEVER got into this Business..."

..because of his inability to "Escape from The Module Madness...?"

Yup. Can you Believe It?

Whazzzat? GM Tech-Line Connect?

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=12099

Hmmmm…???

Who gets to use THAT Site (Other than GM Dealerships and Pro Shops)...? And... Do you have to PAY for it?

In this Better Example of this problem, Eric “O” from SMA chooses a Cool Day (Zero Degrees and Very Light Snow) up in Avica, NY to work on a 2014 Chevrolet (Nah...Thatsa' GMC, Brah) Truck with “All Those WONDERFUL Modules…”.

With NO HEAT as per the Owner's Complaint, Eric "O" goes through the Whole Rigmarole of doing everything necessary to Investigate, Change Out and Calibrate a Heater Control Module.

Along the way, he also covers some interesting information giving us some "Tips" about “Using the Tech-Line” Tech-Link services that I wish we all had access to :

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online