Amsoil power foam ?

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Anyone ever use a product by Amisol called Power Foam? Supposedly works as good as Seafoam ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I had to correct your title because "Anusol" is definitely not for use in vehicles :laugh:

You need to turn on your autocorrect bud :biggrin:

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
I've never heard of it, but had great luck with Seafoam. If the first treatment doesn't get it all, I go in with a second and that does the trick.

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
using either one, I am more concerned about smoking out / pissing off the neighbors

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
From the times I've used Seafoam, my truck nor any other car I used it on had "large clouds of smoke". I've seen vids from the older days of people using it on these trucks by letting it suck up through the brake booster hose but since they have the spray in intake cleaner it works just the same. There will be smoke (honestly what came out of mine was the equivalent of opening the lid to your grill during a BBQ), but once you go around the block, open it up on the highway or a long road with little traffic it clears up pretty quick. Just do 20-30 mins of driving to clear it out of the engine and you're good.

If you do it, I would suggest doing so when you're near your OCI. This stuff + the carbon blackens the oil a ton, and I wouldn't considering driving it until its changed afterwards.

Reactions: Ilikemy3s

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.