Amplifier(s)

Dozer22

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
Hello I just bought 2 rockford fosgate r1s410 10" sub woofers and I need an amp that can power them Idk what will do. theyre rated at 300 peak each and 150 rms each. so whatever it is needs to power 600 peak and 300 rms any suggestions ? I also plan on replacing the factory front and rear door speakers with pioneer full range speakers so maybe i would like to add a litle more power to those as well. Thanks in advance

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
A 5 channel is a good choice if your looking to keep things simple. Heres an example Rockford Fosgate R600-5 (R6005) 600W RMS, Prime 5-Chan Amplifier

I mean thats the easiest way 1 amp controlls all. Thats a RMS match for your subs as well RF is also a certified brand so thats ACTUAL power not some 1200 watts cheap o really only pushing 800w.

Dozer22

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
well they should be here before christmas. im building my box out of 3/4 mdf , sealed and used rf site to design it correctly. i was going to have 2 wires coming out of the box, instead of two for each sub for a total of 4. i believe thats called having them parraled or however you spell it. would you suggest two smaller amps or just one ? for now im just gonna have the amp power just the subs because i still have factory speakers throughout

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Honestly I'm not to sure the reviews seem to be hit and miss. If your waiting to amp the doors you should probably get two different amps just in case you change your mind. HiFonics is a reputable brand I have used they are a great deal for the money they are in that same range as the planet audio and I can actually vouch for them. Just buy a distribution block if you do decide to run the second amp.

Dozer22

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
nope never done it before im one of those how hard can it be guys then..... shit prob shoulda let someone else do this .... but i do read up extensiveley before hand .sorry for the bad spelling ive never been very strong in that department.:crazy:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Dozer22 said:
nope never done it before im one of those how hard can it be guys then..... shit prob shoulda let someone else do this .... but i do read up extensiveley before hand .sorry for the bad spelling ive never been very strong in that department.:crazy:

Thats how you have to learn it can be rough but in the end you know how to do it. I would say pic your amp out, grab a 4ga wiring kit while your at it SonicElectronix has some pretty good deals. Im constantly checking this site on my phone so you can PM me and I should be able to answer any questions you have. Food for thought this is why I loved my 5 channel in my old TB simple and clean lol it didnt bump much but im much more for quality then Decibels. I have a full build in the SS that's was there when I bought It. And I have to rearrange some things the guy had no sense of sound quality and just wanted loudness so I will probably be ripping out some speakers same time you are lol.
DSCF4230.jpg

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
... and don't worry too much about the amp matching your sub.
You can have a 2000 watt amp pushing your 300 watt sub with no problems. Amps have a gain control (kind of a level adjustment). You adjust that to match your sub.
So get a quality amp anywhere from 300w - 1000w.

Dozer22

Original poster
Dec 17, 2011
thats what everyone has been saying buy quality and it works much better for you. Im prob gonna have to put off on the amp at least till the new year spent too much money on the holidays. oh well t least ill have the box and subs to look at and be sad.:frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online