ambient light sensor

niceguypmp3

Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
iowa
i think my ambient light sensor is going bad because my lights and dash lights were on during the sunny afternoon yesterday. how hard is it to change the sensor and how does a person go about doing it? i cannot find a youtube video on how to do it for a TB.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
i think my ambient light sensor is going bad because my lights and dash lights were on during the sunny afternoon yesterday. how hard is it to change the sensor and how does a person go about doing it? i cannot find a youtube video on how to do it for a TB.

I might have some PIDs for that...

Do you have an OBD adapter?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
how hard is it to change the sensor and how does a person go about doing it?

If that turns out to be your problem, it's pretty easy. That panel along the windshield is held in by clips, so pry it loose and it pops up. Once you get it lifted a few inches, the light sensor has a short pigtail connection. Once you unclip that, the panel will be free for removal. Unsnap the sensor from the panel, replace, and reverse your steps. Nice and easy.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

niceguypmp3

Original poster
Oct 31, 2020
iowa
thanks for the quick replies! i was looking at the dash a bit ago and where the sensor is, is an empty hole lol. so i dont know if someone removed the sensor or if it came loose and fell under the cover. so now i gotta pry the cover off and search for the sensor and hope it's easy to find.but that would explain why the headlights are on all the time is because either the sensor is gone or it fell below and is in the dark all the time lol

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Just a heads up when you do get this fixed your going to need to remove both side A piller covers. There's a track on that dash trim that he A piller covers slide into. Besides that is where you should start to pull the trim piece of from on both sides, starting at the center and you might end up snapping it in half. There very simple to take off, there's just 1 Philips screw on each side under a small round trim cap/cover. The actual sensor just may need to be turned back into its place. I believe its just a 1/4 turn style to get it there.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online