AM I getting a good deal and whats the Difference?

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
After mutch debating I've decided to go with the AT2 as they are inside my budget, highly reccomended, and great on the Street. Just my question is am I getting a good deal here?
-> 4 NEW 265/70-17 GENERAL GRABBER AT2 70R R17 TIRES | eBay

Tire Rack has the same tire for 148
General Grabber AT 2 Don't say I should get a mud tire cause I really really want to get mud tires, but I can't afford them.

Then whats the difference?
General GRABBER AT2 265/70 R17 115S studdable, OWL - tires-easy.com

General GRABBER AT2 265/70 R17 115S OWL - tires-easy.com

I'm totally new to this tire shopping thing.

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Don't bother answering the Whats the Difference. It more than Ebay.

I really need to know so I can order the Tires this week. And is this even a tire I should consider? I'm done hours of reading reveiws on this tire and everyone loves it. Kinda like Treadwright, lotta loversd and like no haters. Another thing Treadwright is not on the list.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
What are you looking to use the tires for really? Are you actually going to off road with them or just your everyday driving? I know my parents yukon has huge goodyear tires on and they are great!! Licks the snow clean in the MI winters we get lol

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
What are you looking to use the tires for really? Are you actually going to off road with them or just your everyday driving?

I plan on doing both. Thats why a MT is out of the question. I've read that they are great in snow and rain. I bumped into a guy at the gas station with a lifted jeep and we got talking. He asked me what tires I'm going to get, I said AT2. He told me that they are a really good tire, and better than the BFG A/t. It souned like he had them on his jeep at one point.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
Caleb, I think you can see from the reviews they are a good tire.
The tread pattern is similar to the BFG AT and the Treadwright Warden, it is a proven pattern that is on many 4X4's today.
I expect it will work just great for you and you have already made up your mind so go get them!

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
My Shop said it was a good deal. Gunna see if Discount Tire will match Tire Rack. Fingers Crossed

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Cable810 said:
My Shop said it was a good deal. Gunna see if Discount Tire will match Tire Rack. Fingers Crossed

FWIW, Discount's prices are "shipped" and Tire Rack's prices are pre-shipping... Discount matches the "shipped" price, so make sure you partially check out at TR and get the shipping number for Discount.

Mike

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Well I got an E-mail from Discount Tire this afternoon, asking me to contact them. So I called chatted with the guy, he didn't price match as what I was hoping for but he gave me $20.00 off of my order!!! :wootwoot:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online