Alternator Connector HELP!

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
has anyone had to replace their Alternator Connector was replacing the t-stat today and one of the wires connected to the plug broke right at the plug can anyone help me out with what to do looking to do to the dealer tomorrow but any other help would be appericated Thanks

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I did that same thing when I was changing my ECT sensor, I ended up soldering the leads since I had a generous 1/4" to work with. Either case you will be splicing some wires. Sometimes the dealer isn't that bad with pigtail prices, i'd say if it's under $20 then get it.

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
yea thats what im hoping i called oreillys and they said its 16.99 but its special order autozone does not carry it at all so ill try them asap

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Look up VoyMom postings, her husband accidentally cut theirs and they were able to splice it together but they had some sticking out of the plug. I think Roadie noted you can open the wire end of the connector and solder to the wires in there for at least a temporary fix. Hopefully he will chime in here.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
There is one listed on NAPA's site, but it's more pricey. I was looking to pry my tabs out as well but left well enough alone since I had a little to work with.

NAPA AUTO PARTS

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
We ended up using wire from an old space heater to splice in to the connector as ours kept wiggling loose. We had to order ours from the dealership...which I would say NOT to, they will more than likely have to order it and will charge a lot more. We paid $40 at the dealership where Oreilly's wanted $17. We did the dealership one as it was ordered and delivered the next day, and we would have waited 3-4 days from a parts store.

We didn't solder...used extra wire from a space heater and electrical tape. Did the job well for the 24hrs we had to wait.

cxkali

Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
I ended up ordering the plug from amazon for 20.95 got it today and everything is working great thanks guys

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.