All the dash lights are finally done!! What do u think?

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
The skill and dedication to do that is commendable. How long did it take you? Any tips? The color choices are not what I would have picked but I get the idea of contrasting colors. I am sure the pics don't do it justice Good job

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
The skill and dedication to do that is commendable. How long did it take you? Any tips? The color choices are not what I would have picked but I get the idea of contrasting colors. I am sure the pics don't do it justice Good job
Thanks man and it looks way better in person.
The two best tips I have is one patients You need a lot of it lol and the other is what ever board your doing plug it in and take the led and test which sides the positives and negatives go on cause trust me it sucks when you put it back together and some don’t work smh lol.
It took me three days with about 2-3hrs a day to do it all then I went a bit further and put an led in each vent, a couple under the dash to light the floor and finally I put a white one in each one of the cup holders.
I put one white one also in each door in the map pocket but I can’t get them to work because I can’t figure out what the + and - are in the door panel that come on with the lights.
Oh I also changed all the lights in the door control panels.
Oh the other tip is on some of the panels you have to bend them a bit so they fit.
I’m thinking about doing this as a side job but I don’t know what the demand would be?
Thank you for the compliment 😀

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Doing these types of mods will definitely test your patience and dedication. But it's really rewarding when you finally get them finished and things turn out the way you wanted them to.

This thread is a bit of a black hole since there's so many posts, but you're welcome to post your future LED mods and projects here. You may even get a few ideas you didn't know you wanted to do, which may be a good or bad thing. :goodevil:

Reactions: xavierny25

Kelly@PCMofNC

Mar 16, 2013
Looks very nice!! Great work. I remember the first time I messed with LEDs as a teenager...I was so excited, got them all wired up in my switches, etc. Turned the lights on, they glowed a beautiful blue!! For three seconds, and then orange as they let the smoke out LOL. Hadn't learned about the whole resistor thing yet :wink:

Ilikemy3s

Dec 3, 2011
Thanks man and it looks way better in person.
The two best tips I have is one patients You need a lot of it lol and the other is what ever board your doing plug it in and take the led and test which sides the positives and negatives go on cause trust me it sucks when you put it back together and some don’t work smh lol.
It took me three days with about 2-3hrs a day to do it all then I went a bit further and put an led in each vent, a couple under the dash to light the floor and finally I put a white one in each one of the cup holders.
I put one white one also in each door in the map pocket but I can’t get them to work because I can’t figure out what the + and - are in the door panel that come on with the lights.
Oh I also changed all the lights in the door control panels.
Oh the other tip is on some of the panels you have to bend them a bit so they fit.
I’m thinking about doing this as a side job but I don’t know what the demand would be?
Thank you for the compliment 😀

If you do make this a side job, let me know as I would be interested as I am sure others may be as well.

Looks Great! I agree with you that it looks better in person. The blue LEDs look almost purple through a camera but they look normal to the eye. I did my cluster with white LEDs a few years ago when I replaced my stepper motors and was thinking of doing the rest of the truck too. Is the headlight/fog light switch hard to open? What about the A/C control module?

Last edited:

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
That looks amazing! Where did you draw power from for the vent and cup holder LEDs?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Looks Great! I agree with you that it looks better in person. The blue LEDs look almost purple through a camera but they look normal to the eye. I did my cluster with white LEDs a few years ago when I replaced my stepper motors and was thinking of doing the rest of the truck too. Is the headlight/fog light switch hard to open? What about the A/C control module?
No actually, they have a few clips and four 4mm bolts holding them together. Just remember to take the black buttons off the slider from hot to cold because you’ll be cursing like I was trying to figure out why they won’t come apart lol

That looks amazing! Where did you draw power from for the vent and cup holder LEDs?
Right off the power for the dash lights cause I wanted everything to come on at the same time so the floor, vents and cup holders all come on with the dash/parking lights.

Right off the power for the interior lights this way everything comes on at once

Doing these types of mods will definitely test your patience and dedication. But it's really rewarding when you finally get them finished and things turn out the way you wanted them to.

This thread is a bit of a black hole since there's so many posts, but you're welcome to post your future LED mods and projects here. You may even get a few ideas you didn't know you wanted to do, which may be a good or bad thing. :goodevil:

I’m sorry I didn’t mean to post in the wrong area. I’ve been in here awhile but still a bit wet behind the ears. I’ll make sure to go to the right place next time. Thanks and I’m sorry

Reactions: UsernameIsTaken

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
If you do make this a side job, let me know as I would be interested as I am sure others may be as well.
I’d actually love to do this as a side job cause I enjoy it and seem to be good at it but I don’t know if I’m allowed to post bird ness on this site? If you want message me on messenger, Evan Griffiths and we can see what we can work out. The parts are fairly cheap it’s the time and patience that add more to the price, the price I don’t have set yet but I can put them in anything in the dash, the buttons on the doors and even the rear heater controls as well as running one into each cup holder. At this time I’m working on getting one into each door panel just need to find the positive and negative wire for the parking lights but the bulb as are already in the door waiting

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sure you can make a BUSINESS here if you want. We'll just take our cut, which is 0% :biggrin:
We don't charge for advertising here. If and when you do start doing this, just post it up in the Community Marketplace.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.