Alignment question & half shaft questions

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Well it’s been awhile since I’ve posted so I missed you guys!
So hear the questions,!last week I put a lift/leveling kit on (it looks great!) and of course my alignment was off, the camber was a mess, each wheel was off and the front passenger side was an inch higher then the other three.
So I took it for alignment and the tires are no longer squeaking but the passenger side front is still an inch higher then the other four and a hard turn and bigger bump it makes a loud knock (there is also squeaking sound when going slow then it get stronger as I go faster it sounds like if the rotor was hitting the rock guard) I when it does one of the two things I mentioned which leads me to the next question.
I noticed grease of the rubber that’s on the half shaft, the site close est to the wheel I whipped off it all of because it could be the lubricant so I cleaned all of it off and cleaned then if comes back I’ll know where it came from.
So how do you known when their bad?
Could the alignment being off by the one front left being an inch higher than the other be binding up the shaft and making that knock I keep hearing?
Thanks all for taking the time to read and answer.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I can't speak to the 4WD components, but with that one wheel being higher than the others, can you confirm the spring is properly seated on the strut, and strut mount on top? Since there's a step where the ends are supposed to seat, if that spring is twisted/rotated at all, I could see that causing a height difference.

1579180308481.png

Reactions: Mooseman

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I can't speak to the 4WD components, but with that one wheel being higher than the others, can you confirm the spring is properly seated on the strut, and strut mount on top? Since there's a step where the ends are supposed to seat, if that spring is twisted/rotated at all, I could see that causing a height difference.

View attachment 92733
Nop everything is properly placed. Although what you have pictured is brand new because when I went to remove the old one the bolts were spinning inside of the mount and had no choice but to grind the bolts off to get the strut assembly out, it was a nightmare and from what I have heard a common problem.
Anyway that would be the only issue, but still houldnt that have been corrected in the alignment, the height wouldn’t they have seen that with the laser cause I can’t understand how they were able to put a proper alignment on it with it being an inch higher 🤦‍♂️?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
but still houldnt that have been corrected in the alignment

The height difference threw off your alignment for sure, the shop adjusted your alignment so the tires would wear properly, and the truck tracks straight. They are checking the position of the wheels/tires in relation to each other, not the body of the vehicle.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online