NEED HELP (Aka I effed up...)

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So there was an accident. Long story short the drivers seat in the envoy turned into shrink wrap...20171223_215300.jpg
No one would happen to just have a lower seat laying around would they? I called the local yards and they only have cloth... I feel really bad because it isn't even my truck. I was doing something nice for dad and then that mess happened... Going on a hunt tomorrow further south so we'll see I guess.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Da fuq did you do?
The car had started to develop a smell. I was attempting to remove said smell... It's not been a good couple months with me trying to do things. They've mostly been ending up just as or more broken which is very unlike me. :frown:

Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
On the flip side with it being that shrunk the foam is crushed enough that the seat is soft again.

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
Steam cleaner on the foam...

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Dammit... I read this post while I was 400 Miles away up in North Florida and only just got home to find out that while I DO have a Single Driver's Side "Chariot" from a GOK TB, Envoy, etc... ...this Leather Motif does NOT match what yours looks like. So I took some snaps anyway so you could look it over.

After all is said and done... if you want the lower seat foam cushion and leather cover portion (obviously also >squashed< by somebody else's "Big Bottom"...and not my own) ...and I can figure out how to remove it without tearing it up... I'd send it to you Gratis if you are unable to eventually find a perfect match somewhere out there... So Happy New Year, Brother ... and Happy Hunting... LB!

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/ENVOYSEAT?sort=3&page=1

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
I've always washed my seats with just soap and water for that reason. A few months back, my dad washed his with some chemical that turned the the seats in his Silverado from gray to wrinkly brown. Just think, it could be worse!

If you're in lower Jersey and wouldn't mind the drive, I've had good luck finding ample seat parts at the LKQ Pick Your Part locations in MD. They have online inventory but you'd have to visit to see the seats.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I've always washed my seats with just soap and water for that reason. A few months back, my dad washed his with some chemical that turned the the seats in his Silverado from gray to wrinkly brown. Just think, it could be worse!

If you're in lower Jersey and wouldn't mind the drive, I've had good luck finding ample seat parts at the LKQ Pick Your Part locations in MD. They have online inventory but you'd have to visit to see the seats.
The problem was I was steaming the foam underneath and it got a little too hot. He actually likes it. Apparently with the foam that crushed the seat is a lot softer lol. My sister goes to school in MD so I could have her go on an adventure one day...
Dammit... I read this post while I was 400 Miles away up in North Florida and only just got home to find out that while I DO have a Single Driver's Side "Chariot" from a GOK TB, Envoy, etc... ...this Leather Motif does NOT match what yours looks like. So I took some snaps anyway so you could look it over.

After all is said and done... if you want the lower seat foam cushion and leather cover portion (obviously also >squashed< by somebody else's "Big Bottom"...and not my own) ...and I can figure out how to remove it without tearing it up... I'd send it to you Gratis if you are unable to eventually find a perfect match somewhere out there... So Happy New Year, Brother ... and Happy Hunting... LB!

http://s557.photobucket.com/user/60dgrzbelow0/library/ENVOYSEAT?sort=3&page=1
Thanks for the offer. I'll keep it in mind. A friend of a friend may have a lead on one so fingers are crossed. I'll keep everyone updated.

Reactions: mrrsm

07TrailyLS

May 7, 2014
Toledo ohio
I believe they sell the lowers for trailblazers and envoys daily on eBay. Not cheap though. I think around 200 bucks. Sorry to hear that happend :sadcry:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher