Airaid or Volant CAI for 5.3L?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Me007gold said:
An intake is just an intake. They are all the same. Just get a good filter and make one your self.

:iagree:

To really reap the benefits of an intake, a tune is in line.. other then that, they're really just for sound and minor minor HP gains, and/or better air for the motor

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Yup just do it yourself! I've seen a couple of guys buy the high end intakes and then regret it. It's really not worth it, just make sure whatever you make connects straight to the Throttle body.

If you're limited on resources like myself here in KSA you can do what I did. I approached Kelly from PCMFORLESS and just bought the intake pipe for about a $100. I already have the K&N filter from my custom intake, and not to mention their intake pipe works with your stock box :thumbsup:

A $100 isn't that cheap really but still cheaper than paying $200-$300 for something a custom $20 intake does for ya! :thumbsup:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011

91RS

Dec 4, 2011
You're not going to get any real gains from an intake (maybe a few hp tops), just a bunch of noise. Buy an AC/Delco replacement paper air filter and replace it when needed. Aftermarket air filters, K&N and the like, get their claimed performance gains by not filtering as well. I put a K&N on my old 02 and the next oil change the oil analysis said I needed to change my air filter. Don't fall for the hype. You're better off spending that money on a good tune.

deepblue

Dec 5, 2011
It's hard to quantify the effects of the intake alone. I have a "tune" from PCM4Less. Between both mods, there seems to be a nice bump in power. It breathes a lot better. I love the sound at WOT too.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
deepblue said:
It's hard to quantify the effects of the intake alone. I have a "tune" from PCM4Less. Between both mods, there seems to be a nice bump in power. It breathes a lot better. I love the sound at WOT too.

I second that. Between an Intake, Tune, and exhaust they would all work together on delivering more power. An intake alone won't do much but sound, still though if you want it go ahead and get it! It's a step forward at least.

I only had the K&N Filter not even an intake in the beginning, then moved up with the tune, intake, etc...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online