Air Suspension Issue

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
So i have an issue with my Rainier concerning the rear air suspension. when i picked up at the dealership the rear suspension was sitting on the ground. Like this
IMG_8618.JPG

i started it at the dealership the rear suspensionimmediate went up and stayed up when i drove on the trailer. When i shut the Buick off on the trailer then suspension sank down about after 5 minutes. after unloading it off the trailer at home the rear suspensionrose and it has not gone down in 2 weeks. Some people are saying because i have started it and driven it, but that cant be because it went right back down on the trailer. The dealer also said it was the bag itself. i believe this is just a valve because the vehicle is fine now. Anybody know why the rear suspension is fine now and not going down??

Last edited by a moderator:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Could be the check valve on the compressor, it is the only serviceable part of the compressor unit, which is behind the passenger side rear wheel. If you have the original compressor unit it is most likely near the end of it's life and might fail at some point. Some people have had luck cleaning and/or replacing the check valve....Mike.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online