Air ride compressor output???

Fleetwoodstac

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
Hello from Cincinnati, OH!! My name is Dave and I was wondering if someone could tell me the pressure output rating of the air ride compressor of a 2002 Bravada? I used my tire gauge on the inflationary port while it was running and it was only registering 30 psi. Is that below spec??

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I looked in the shop manual and didn't find a spec. 30 PSI seems low to me as well, but those compressors have a horrible reputation for short lives. Perhaps someone with the system installed can check theirs.

envisionelec

Jun 20, 2012
Fleetwoodstac said:
Hello from Cincinnati, OH!! My name is Dave and I was wondering if someone could tell me the pressure output rating of the air ride compressor of a 2002 Bravada? I used my tire gauge on the inflationary port while it was running and it was only registering 30 psi. Is that below spec??

Yep, that's low. I have measured 80 psi on mine.

Fleetwoodstac

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
envisionelec said:
Yep, that's low. I have measured 80 psi on mine.

Dang. No wonder my Bravada drops when trying to inflate the bags. Do you guys know of any cheap alternatives to replace the compressor (I want to keep the auto level system)?

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
I replaced my, in 2009, with Arnott's Generation-II Air Springs. Still runs and feels like new.

Fleetwoodstac

Original poster
Apr 1, 2012
I really hate to shell 400 for that pump. I took the check valve cover off and found a ton of rust and corrosion. The bags are leaking too. Oh well, it looks like I'll be putting in some overtime soon at work...

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
There's a rebuild kit for valve system. I don't think it's for the compressor. :undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.