Air ride Check

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Is there a good way to check this? The other day I felt like the evnoy was sagging on the passenger side. With the car off on flat ground I measured the distance from the ground to the body (center of wheel well) and was at 34" on the pass and 34 1/4" on the drivers. I know 1/4" isn't a very big difference, but what should it be? The tires are stock size and were equal in PSI. I would like to confirm the bags don't have a slow leak. Suggestions? Thanks

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
If the bag/bags are leaking, the measurement difference won't be consistent.

You can try adjusting the height sensors, but a 1/4" isn't bad.

ChriSS K

Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Wooluf1952 said:
If the bag/bags are leaking, the measurement difference won't be consistent.

You can try adjusting the height sensors, but a 1/4" isn't bad.

What height distance would you consider to be big enough to look further into it? Is there a sensor that looks for this to throw a cell?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The shop manual says the side to side spec is 0.3" (8mm). You can adjust the sensors (in the wheel well) if you need more accuracy than this, but realistically, you'll be chasing tiny variations if you go down this frustrating road. The sensors are easy to over adjust.

The compressor has its own way of flashing trouble codes that involves the LED at the inflator switch panel. It cannot communicate to the PCM to set a CEL.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online