Air force

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Well as a few of you know I am leaving monday May 14th for basic training for the Air Force. The truck is going in a garage until I get done with basic and start my first week of tech school. My job is going to be a In-Flight refueling boom operator. My last day as a firefighter was monday, crazy that I wont get to fight fire for a while at least until I get to my base assignment and join a small volunteer dept.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Good Luck. Sounds like a freakin sweet job/assignment. Check in on us from time to time. Pictures are appreciated.

IF you get stationed in Langley VA let me know... You can join my department. Are your certs Proboard? It doesnt really matter either way, I had NJ FF1 & 2 and I was still able to fight fire. Good luck in basic training, just remember, if you have/had a bad day dont dwell on it and just look forward to the next day. Thats what got me through boot camp almost 16 years ago...

Steve

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Steve A said:
IF you get stationed in Langley VA let me know... You can join my department. Are your certs Proboard? It doesnt really matter either way, I had NJ FF1 & 2 and I was still able to fight fire. Good luck in basic training, just remember, if you have/had a bad day dont dwell on it and just look forward to the next day. Thats what got me through boot camp almost 16 years ago...

Steve

Sweet there is a possibility of me getting stationed in Langley. I'll keep ya in mind if I do.

And I'll be checking in on this thread and otheres that I frequent when ever I get a chance at my cell phone haha.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
good luck bro...

its ironic... one journey ends, as another begins... i guess thats life huh... my cousin is coming home from Afganistan in 2 weeks, and here you are just starting your boot camp... :grouphug:

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Ill check in as much as possible. Just got to the hotel for MEPS (Military Entrance processing) Still cant believe that I leave for basic tomorrow :eek:

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
Stay strong and keep your chin up at Lackland.
Keep pounding away at Tech School as well, keep your eyes on the prize.

From a past USAF vet/retiree to a future vet, God bless you, and keep your ass down.

Oh.. and stay extra focused and strong during SERE.

P.S.- Check into AFSC 1C2X1.. they always need top-notch exemplary operators.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Good luck. I didn't serve but almost everyone from work did (navy contractor), and my step dad was in for 23 years.

If you ever come to PAX NAS for any reason come on down to HX-21 and say hi.

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Howdy peeps! Got a little time to get on the computer while Im at basic so i figured I'd come update everyone to whats been going on. Im currently in my 5th week of training out of 8 weeks so I'm almost done with basic! Im actually having alot of fun with it all. My dad has been keeping my car up to par lol. I made plans to have it taken care of while i was gone. Dont want it to sit in the garage and waste away for 2 months. Well I will check in again in a few weeks after i graduate.:wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for your service. Keep it up and you will be out of there in no time.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Well as my dad always said after having been shot multiple times in Vietnam in different fire fights with AK 47's during his tour, if you join the military make sure it is the Air Force. Those guys had it easy so he says. Good luck to you.

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Well I have officially started tech school which means I can start acting like a normal person again. Haha my tech school is in San Antonio so if there's any meets in Houston me and ol whitey will be there.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Awesome man congrats on the accomplishment!! I leave in january for Basic training For the AF. Well have to meet up some time. Good Luck Bro and thatnks for your service :thumbsup:

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
My tech school is only supposed to be 6 months but my job is on hold right now so after I finish tech school I'll be waiting around for ever.

Sweet mean congrats on takin the leap. Not gonna lie to ya basic is difficult but nothing that isn't doable. Just remember the days are long and the weeks are short, live meal to meal and sunday to Sunday. What's your job gonna be?

Lima Tango

Dec 4, 2011
Congrats on making it through basic! I'm 3 years in now and haven't regretted joining the AF for a second. Have fun in tech school.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
fireman4215 said:
My tech school is only supposed to be 6 months but my job is on hold right now so after I finish tech school I'll be waiting around for ever.

Sweet mean congrats on takin the leap. Not gonna lie to ya basic is difficult but nothing that isn't doable. Just remember the days are long and the weeks are short, live meal to meal and sunday to Sunday. What's your job gonna be?

Thanks alot man. ill deff keep that in mind. And i signed up for alot of Avionics and electrical sysytems. I wanted to do something mechanical or electrical so im happy. What is your job? and any advice for Basic? thanks man, Dan Plefka

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Whatup bro, glad to see your done with basic training and back in Texas :cool: keep it up Mann hope to see at some future meets bud

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
03TB93 said:
Thanks alot man. ill deff keep that in mind. And i signed up for alot of Avionics and electrical sysytems. I wanted to do something mechanical or electrical so im happy. What is your job? and any advice for Basic? thanks man, Dan Plefka

I'm an in flight refueler. Pretty much is what it sounds. I control the boom that refuels jets mid flight. Basic isn't that bad really. Just keep your head low and never give up. The first 3 weeks are hell I constantly asked myself what I was thinking. But after week 4 it gets alot better and starts going extremely fast. I wish ya the best of luck in basic. It's 8 weeks of hell but in the end it's all worth it.

My Airmens coin.

a6934811-dc0b-aace.jpg

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
TexazReece said:
Whatup bro, glad to see your done with basic training and back in Texas :cool: keep it up Mann hope to see at some future meets bud

Oh I'll be there if we have any around here. My truck is gonna be brought down here in a couple weeks.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
03TB93 said:
and any advice for Basic? thanks man, Dan Plefka

just be glad your not going to Ft. Benning GA. in the middle of the summer (from June 8-September 13) like I did 6 years ago for the Army. It was really hot and miserable but it is all worth it and lots of fun.

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Well my tech school is in lackland as some of your already know. Which is the same base that basic is at lol. Im stuck in this place! haha but tech school is pretty fun, Im learning alot about my job. And this weekend Im taking a little trip back home to pick up the BEAST!! I cant wait! I havent driven it in 3 months I want to get behind the wheel soo bad!

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
nice glad you are enjoying it. at least you get your truck soon haha. I got korea as my first duty station so I'm without my truck for a year. (not authorized to have it here unfortunately plus Koreans drive crazy as shit here as well, no offense to anyone) Well good luck brother. keep your down and stay safe. we gotta get all of us service members together for a beer one day.:thumbsup:

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Any memebers around the Spokane, WA area? My new duty station is Fairchild AFB

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
fireman4215 said:
Any memebers around the Spokane, WA area? My new duty station is Fairchild AFB
I believe FlyingFischer is in Spokane.

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
Sweet maybe ill meet up with him. My tb isn't up here yet. It's still in San Antonio waiting on a shipment.

fireman4215

Original poster
Dec 18, 2011
No well. I'm only in Fairchild for 5 weeks right now doing survival training. I go to Altus, ok for my advanced tech training. Then I come back to Fairchild to be stationed here.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
just survival or the full SERE course? Now it all makes more sense.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.