Air Conditioning hiccup

navigator

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
I had an issue the other day where the AC would not blow cold.
If I remember correctly the AC light was lit up like it was ok, just not blowing cold.

I also noticed that my Temp gauge went to 100 (all the way to the left) like it was dead.
Before, my AC worked fine.
My AC has worked fine since, no issues, blows cold.
I didn't notice anything else odd other than those two items.

Any ideas? Is something getting ready to go that I need to prepare for?

c good

Dec 8, 2011
start with the basics. Is the compressor engaging when turned on? Have you checked operating pressures in both the high and low side of the system while the compressor is engaged? Check these first then move from there. c good

navigator

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
c good said:
start with the basics. Is the compressor engaging when turned on? Have you checked operating pressures in both the high and low side of the system while the compressor is engaged? Check these first then move from there. c good

I only had the issue the one time. At other times the compressor is engaging and the air is cold. I have not checked the pressures. I have one of those freon refill things, I think I can check the low pressure with that but I don't think I have a way to check the high pressure.

I was just curious if the temp gauge not reading was triggering something to tell the AC compressor to not come on.
I recall another time last summer when it was like 100 degrees and I was running about 78 on the interstate that it quit cooling. When I slowed down to like 75 or 72 it started cooling again.

Those are the only two issues I ever recall with the AC.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online