Air Adjustable Shocks or Coil Spring Inserts for load leveling.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Without bringing towing a trailer into the equation.....what would be better for helping level out the rear of my Envoy when I load it up? Sometimes I have camping gear, firewood, a Joe Hauler with a motorcycle (300 lbs) and it sags some in the rear.

I purchased some Firestone Coil Right Air bag inserts but have not installed them yet. I am also going to need new rear shocks. I got to thinking...why not just get some air adjustable shocks? Or would coil inserts with new Bilstein 4600's be better?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
AFAIK, there are no air shocks available for this platform however, the ones for full size trucks and SUVs are close enough to work but may allow the diff to drop below the height of the coil springs a little as they are a little longer.

Stock: Compressed: 14.8" Extended: 23.33"
Air: Compressed: 15.04" Extended: 24.77"

I have used them on the Avalanche and the Sierra and like them. Good dampening and are a little firmer unloaded than the stock ones in the Sierra. They level out the truck when I'm towing and helps with bounce and wallowing. They might be a bit too stiff for a smaller truck like a 360 and may exacerbate the rear rake as you have to keep a minimum of 25 PSI with a max of 200 PSI.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I have Airlift 1000s in both my 02 Trailblazer and my 05 Yukon. Suits my needs when I am loaded up with tools and so on.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.