Afternoon in the bush

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Hello guys i thought i would post some pics of my afternoon 4x4ing didn't get a lot but got some:biggrin:
View attachment 18310
All i wanted to do was pull over and get some pic's but went a little to far but is was fun no damage but funny
View attachment 18311
The snow pulled me in as i was trying to get out had to have it in 4x4 and try not to go in the ditch
View attachment 18312
The snow is quite deep here lol
View attachment 18313
You cant really tell but i had gone down this road and it started to get to deep for me so i wanted to turn around and go back but that turned out t bee hard. as you can see with all of the marks it was so icy under the snow i could not get the truck to go straight. I had it in 4low and the truck would only go sideways. so i had the truck siting across the road and had to get the come-along to drag the front of the truck straight and up the road so i would not slide sideways again lol
View attachment 18314
This is after I dragged the truck out with the come-along.
View attachment 18315
This is what the side of my truck looked like from sliding sideways and trying to get out of the sticky predicament
View attachment 18316
View attachment 18317
This was on my way down to go home. I was driving in my lane and i had seen a logging truck on its way up so i moved over a bit more but as he rounded the corner i noticed he was in my lane so i had a choice head on or ht the ditch. i was doing 50km when i hit the powder ditch. The truck driver stopped his truck and came out and proceed to yell at me for not giving him the right of way and me causing the accident. I then comely tried to explained to the man the he was in my lane and that he had caused the accident and i had no choice but to go in the ditch. so after he calmed down and realized he could have killed me and that he was going to be in load of SH$% he went to his truck and call down to dispatch and asked for a tow truck and the police. one they got there he was charged with driving with out do-care and attention and reckless endangerment.
View attachment 18318
This is what the ditch looked like after i got towed out. I think the tow truck man was a moron, Be cause i was high centered i could not just drive out so he lifted the back of my truck and what happened the front of my truck slid in to the ditch and my truck came off the tow truck. now to say he is now replacing my running boards d to them being bent now. so he then tried to drag my truck out of the ditch by hooking on to my trailer hitch witch took for ever but it came out wit no other damage then my running boards. So if you need a tow try and get someone that knows what there doing because this never should have happened.

Attachments

• Off roading.jpg
    Off roading.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8
  • Off roading 2.jpg
    Off roading 2.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Off roading 3.jpg
    Off roading 3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 144
  • Off roading 4.jpg
    Off roading 4.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 144
  • Off roading 5.jpg
    Off roading 5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 146
  • Off roading 6.jpg
    Off roading 6.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Off roading 7.jpg
    Off roading 7.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Off roading 8.jpg
    Off roading 8.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Off roading 9.jpg
    Off roading 9.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 145

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Wow! :eek:

It sounds like you would have been better off staying home then having to deal with all that stupidity.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
My god, 50KM you say? Just kidding, I love to poke fun at the metric system. Anyway I'm jealous of your snow as we have none where I am in Minnesota and my snowmobiles haven't moved an inch.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
I'm not a fan of running boards, but if you must have boards get the Rainier boards with the chrome strip, or stainless nerf bars. Either of those will look much better IMO. Also I'm not feelin' the chrome bug shield and vent visors without other chrome accents, but it's YOUR truck make it how YOU want it.

Looks like a fun day playin' in the snow.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
You could get the new running board, get them both off, stored in the raffers, install a lift, and then go back and rip that snow a new....:smile:

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
Well my plans with the truck is new chrome nurf bars, chorme door handles, chrome mirror caps, 3" lift kit, wheel spacers, new rims and 265/70R17 tires, new bumpers front and rear and full under body armor. We right now have 4inches at the house and where i was 4x4 we have little over a foot of the white stuff but it is slowly melting:sadcry:

50KM'S IS FAST I WAS WHITE KNUCKLED ALL THE WAY DOWN hahahaha:raspberry::rotfl:hahahahahah JK

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
looks like fun times :thumbsup:

i see the lift coming in the near future so you can have some more fun :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
bigytwotone said:
...chrome nurf bars, chorme door handles, chrome mirror caps, ...
:no:
nochrome.jpg
:no:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
the roadie said:

Your right, but so what. A few appearance mods are not going to make his experience anymore difficult then what he had today.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Regulator said:
Your right, but so what. A few appearance mods are not going to make his experience anymore difficult then what he had today.

Today was definitely not the day to go out.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
you got that right now my truck is acting up im getting this weird sound like a rubbing sound its coming right from the grill im thinking its the fan is it possible that something shifted when i hit the ditch?? if so i am going after the dumb J@#$A$$ TRUCK DRIVER.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
What an adventure indeed! A nice day out eih? Also a new reason why you should get a lift to get more clearance to make turns when you really need it :yes: Glad you're ok!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
It will just as well as shitty black accesories will. Chrome or black does not matter except to petty wannabe offroaders. Much like the huge black stinger bumper trucks you see running around.

Chrome looks far better and performs excellently as well. My chrome has gotten me home every time. I plan to add more chrome to my rig in the future. Seems only black parts break on my truck while the chrome ones keep on working...

bigytwotone said:
you got that right now my truck is acting up im getting this weird sound like a rubbing sound its coming right from the grill im thinking its the fan is it possible that something shifted when i hit the ditch?? if so i am going after the dumb J@#$A$$ TRUCK DRIVER.

The radiator supports are WEAK and you may have pushed the rad or shroud back into the fan. Roadie had that issue once and had to have someone pull it back forward. I would say you should take it to a shop and get it checked out really well since his insuarnce should cover anythng, considering he was ticketed for the accident.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
HARDTRAILZ said:
Chrome or black does not matter except to petty wannabe offroaders. Much like the huge black stinger bumper trucks you see running around.
Yah, everybody knows we're on the opposite sides of this issue. :biggrin: But we agree the stinger trucks are pure wannabes, or around here, go to the Glamis Dunes and play high-speed sand redneck. :rotfl: To be unique and stand out from the crowds. :yes:

View attachment 18325

Chrome looks far better and performs excellently as well.
Hard for chrome to NOT perform well as a door handle cover or mirror housing. I just don't see the point of fiddling with either of those two items, or investing money on anything but performance accessories like an extra clevis or two.
My chrome has gotten me home every time. I plan to add more chrome to my rig in the future. Seems only black parts break on my truck while the chrome ones keep on working...
When Mike offers a chrome offroad bumper I'll know I'm a true dinosaur and will just walk into the tar pit and die. :eek: :rotfl:
The radiator supports are WEAK and you may have pushed the rad or shroud back into the fan. Roadie had that issue once and had to have someone pull it back forward. I would say you should take it to a shop and get it checked out really well since his insuarnce should cover anythng, considering he was ticketed for the accident.
Here's the story of me as a true noob, out with a local offroad club (not exclusively Jeeps) to learn the ropes and get some mentoring. Their rules said you had to have front recovery points, and the Envoy didn't have a tow hook option, and I still had my front bumper cover on, and I hadn't discovered the Curt 31055 front receiver mod yet. So I drilled and mounted a couple of hooks to my radiator skid plate! What an idiot!!! :eek:

radiator%20skid%20plate.jpg

Naturally, first steep uphill transition I hit, on dried mud even, the hooks pushed on the radiator mounts, the shroud jammed, and it took me about 3 seconds to realize a few minutes later why I was overheating. But by then I was alone on an easy wash, and the Jeeps had gone onto tougher things. I was fine driving INTO the wind (20-30 MPH by then) but to get back to camp I had to drive WITH the wind and I could only go a 1/2 mile or so at a time before needing to stop. Sooner or later, my buddies drove by and stopped to help and one of them gave me a tug to pull the radiator back. I couldn't self-tug with my own strap because there was nothing out there to attach to. Learned a lesson that day for sure. Still learning. When you stop, you die.

radiatorpull.jpg

Attachments

• 26126d1196018786-glamis-sand-dunes-dsc01539.jpg
    26126d1196018786-glamis-sand-dunes-dsc01539.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 99

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
See Roadie...It was those black hooks that caused the issue...if you had attached some chrome ones they woulda cut through the hardpack and you would not have had to get the rad pulled back forward....:raspberry:

And those pictured chrome wheels got you home just like your black ones do.:raspberry:

I will agree that I would not bother with any mirror cover, esp since trees and dirt usually fold mine for me, or door handle to make them chrome. Chrome nerf bars are another looks only thing. And you know they are a joke when the joke of a SAS TB has them stacked

Some straps, a hi-lift, toolset would be far better investments. But when its something like wheels...I will take the polish and chrome for the same price. Can always spens $0.99 to make em black later.

Chrome front bumper...I would consider it. Maybe since he has a powdercoat guy, he can find a chrome guy.

I had a stinger bumper, but it was functional...but not as a stinger. It was far better than running the front plastic for approach angle and it was a good $50 test before products like MDB Fab were available.

As we both well know...you always can learn something new and sometimes our failures can help others. Being man enough to admit and share your learning helps others learn.

bigytwotone

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
Dawson creek BC Canada
So my truck is in the shop aand I know whatis wrong with it..... well when I hit th ditch I pushed up my power steering lins and they where rubing so ICBC has replaced my powersteering lines and my pump. I get my truck back in HAlf an houre and the truckers incurence will cover every thing.the reason there replacing the pump is because it is starting to whine and the mechanic said to replace it aand make the trucker pay for it. He could have damaged it when the snow hit everything in the engine bay. Open shut case I pay nothing he pays all hahah that will teach him for takeing up the hole road A$$H@!€

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Glad it all worked out for you. Now get in touch with MarkMC and get some ground clearance under that truck so you don't have those issues again! :thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
And Bartonmd for some armor.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Man I'm gone for a day and all these updates happen :tongue: I'm glad you didn't have to pay anything too haha! It's sweet when you can fix your ride for free. I remember when I had my E39 BMW A guy came flying in from the side and just destroyed me. I told the insurance I wanted a check for the damage and I'd fix it myself. I reinstalled the M5 kit I had, fenders and door. After all of that I still had left overs and redid my whole interior :biggrin::biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bigytwotone said:
yeah i am getting a winch i have a but need not only to pull me out but for hunting and getting fire wood

Not sure how I would use my winch for hunting or firewood. Maybe to drag an occasional log out, but not really a super efficient idea.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
bigytwotone said:
No??? why not we do it with my dads rig what is the reasons for not using the winch???

You do what?

I can't see how I would hunt with a winch. I can see dragging out a log as I said, and that would help sometimes with getting firewood.

But it is far more efficient for me to use a chain and a tractor for dragging logs.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Makes sense to need a winch then. I use the ATV's if needed for deer fetching. A winch would be good for logs if you don't have tractor access.

Winches really are great tools, but they are not always the best tool for a job.

WHY

Dec 4, 2011
Do not allow atv's off road and many places I go it's hard enough to walk through let alone get an atv into Also chains work good for getting logs out of the way Butttttttttttttttttt having a long cable attached to the chain keeping enough distance between rig and log is much better

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.