Aftermarket radio no sound

Sbc_mafia

Original poster
Jun 19, 2019
Salisbury Massachusetts
I had a touch screen radio installed in my 2005 sierra that would act up here and there. Today after I got gas and started the truck the radio had no sound to door speakers. The subwoofers worked but no other speakers. I put the stock one back in and the speakers worked. So I bought a new radio and wiring harness and tried it again with a decent kenwood. Still no door speakers on after market one

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Does your Sierra have the Bose system? If so, I believe you need a specific adapter.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
When you go to start the truck, turn the key to "ON", and wait about 5 seconds before you start it.

Will the speakers work if you leave the key in either "Accessory" or "ON"?

Sbc_mafia

Original poster
Jun 19, 2019
Salisbury Massachusetts
When you go to start the truck, turn the key to "ON", and wait about 5 seconds before you start it.

Will the speakers work if you leave the key in either "Accessory" or "ON"?
No they won’t. The part that confuses me the most is. I’ve had the touch screen in for a few months and they worked fine. You can hear the speakers making a pop when you turn the key on with the aftermarket one in then no sound besides woofers

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Hard to say without seeing it....If it did have the Bose system, they generally use a seperate amp.

I assume you have an aftermarket wiring harness for the GM wiring to the aftermarket radio? If so, check the blue wire, that is usually the remote turn on for any added accessory like an amp.

Odd it just stopped but works with the stock radio.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.