After more then a Decade this sub needed some love

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
So I gave away my box for the Eclipse Titanium 15 (it was never meant for the Firebird I just had it rigged up in there and have enough MDF laying around I can build another one and after pulling the sub out of the box I got to see some HEAVY Oxidation on the back side of the magnet

so I began hunting for my Mag Polish I bought many years ago, but after searching all my supplies I simply couldn't find it, so enter plan B, found some Wax and a Clay Bar, lets see if that will do anything, long story short, not much.

Plan C, oh yeah I have a Meguars "kit" that has a clay bar, some Ultimate Compound and some Wax, so I grab a rag and begin hand polishing, definitely seeing some results but I need MORE POWER

So Enter Plan D, I hunt around and I find my Mothers Powerball that has seen basically ZERO use in all the years I've had her, spread on some of the Ultimate Compound and slowly work it around as to not sling it everywhere, stopping to add more compound every so often and after turning nearly the entire Powerball completely black we get THIS

Still needs some more work but I had to stop and clean the Powerball and now it needs time to dry before continuing, but results are looking promising so far.

Attachments

• 20180223_214400.jpg
    20180223_214400.jpg
    371.2 KB · Views: 14
  • more-power.jpg
    more-power.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180224_005830.jpg
    20180224_005830.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: Blckshdw

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Doesn't even look like the same unit (the 'post' appears tapered). Nice work!

Daniel644

Original poster
Feb 27, 2015
Doesn't even look like the same unit (the 'post' appears tapered). Nice work!
only difference aside from polishing is I removed the rubber boot from around the magnet, so I could get the edges better.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.