advice on blank NAV screen?

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
advice on NAV screen?

new Guy from Alabama w/07 Saab97X 5.3 AWD

fuses seam fine, my radio actually works. no clock displayed, haven't checked if there is a NAV DVD in head unit ,NAV SCREEN.jpg tried to eject DVD will there be additional places where the DVD is inserted?

is this the correct PN from GM (v10.4 2013).

Part number 22846887 for NAV DVD operating sys.

I just purchased this car not farimiarl at all w/ car. hope to get and share knowledge about this car.

also advice on broken cup holder

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't know about the Nav unit but for the cup holder, you're SOL. They always break so finding a good one in a yard is practically impossible. You're even missing the lower part that also acts as a door so you can't even do this fix:
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/s...c64274986541ed3453c97c&p=2190549&postcount=14

I'd remove it entirely and try to cover the hole with a black piece of plastic from the back side.

Edit: These guys look like they have it and are based in the US:
https://www.eeuroparts.com/Parts/48432/Cup-Holder-Front-Center-25916574/

Last edited:

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
I've never (well once years ago) been in a TB are the cup holders in all gtm360 the same?

I like the location of the dash cup holder probably glue a cylinder into the ring for at least bottled water. is it the bottom of CH that breaks?
Thanks SM

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That or the part that spins the round part or both. Here's a pic of where they usually break.
IMG_20171012_150824_resized-218302138.jpg

Sprung Monkey

Original poster
Oct 12, 2017
Al
07 Saab 97x 5.3i Blank NAV screen no display

The radio turns on and plays fine, it’s white back light also comes on however the complete screen is blank black.

I am able to hold the eject CD button for 20 seconds and the whole front of HU

Folds out press the DVD eject and there is indeed a NAV DVD.

What I suspect is the toasted looking ribbon cable (one on right) anyone have a suggestion I would like to at least know what radio station I’m on.

Thanks

Attachments

• TOAST.jpg
    TOAST.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 11

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although the pic is a little blurry, that looks like some sort of ghetto fix with a soldered wire as a ground? A real fix would require taking it all apart and replacing that ribbon or properly soldering some wire but not use that flip down otherwise it will break again. Looked online and didn't see anything regarding that ribbon being a common issue so nobody has fixed them. ribbons can be bought from online electronics suppliers but finding the exact one may be a challenge. And all that depends on your soldering skills.

I'd just replace it with an aftermarket HU. Androids are quite nice, have NAV, with a bunch of bells and whistles that beats this factory unit hands down.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.