Adjustable 5100 series Bilsteins or In Strut Lift Spacer.

c good

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Now that I'm keeping the Envoy after the Fuse 28/PCM fiasco has been solved, I want to go back to my original intention. I wanted to just lift the front end a little to level it out. At the time...in 2008 I bought a set of 1.75 inch, in-strut spacer from MarkMC on Trailvoy. I never installed them as I was waiting to replace the struts at the same time as installing the spacers.

I need to replace the rear shocks soon also. If I go with the 5100's up front should I go with the same in the back? I will be pulling a small 2500 LB travel trailer.

Now, I've noticed Bilstein makes a height adjustable strut in their 5100 series.
I need to replace the rear shocks soon also. If I go with the 5100's up front should I go with the same in the back? I will be pulling a small 2500 LB travel trailer.

What is the better way to go? Thx for any input.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2advanced

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yeah those came out right after I bought the same kit from Mark to lift my front end. Getting the adjustable struts is the route I would have gone, if I knew about that option at the time.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I have the 5100 in the back and they're good shocks, fairly stiff but not overly. If and when I do the fronts, I'll go with the 5100 adjustables to level it out.

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online