Adding Colorado Z71 springs

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Hi guys, boy it’s been along time since I’ve been on this forum but I come to you with a question. I put a lift kit on my trailblazer 3 inch front to ensure the front is lifted and it looks great the rear doesn’t even look like it went up a quarter of an inch as a matter of fact it’s the same exact height as a stock trailblazer I measured. So someone told me to get a set of springs from Colorado Z 71 and it would pick up the ass end from an inch and a half to 2 inches, my question is one is this true and two I’ll still have the lifting pucks from the lift kit should I add them as well or even better will they fit with the new springs? Because really the truck looks horrible with the ass and sagging it needs to be picked up and from what I understand the only way that I’m gonna be able to accomplish this is to get those Z 71 springs. So any insight would be greatly appreciated and anyone that has Done this and has pictures of what it looks like I’d love to see what the finished product is. Thank you guys I greatly appreciate it

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Hi guys, boy it’s been along time since I’ve been on this forum but I come to you with a question. I put a lift kit on my trailblazer 3 inch front to ensure the front is lifted and it looks great the rear doesn’t even look like it went up a quarter of an inch as a matter of fact it’s the same exact height as a stock trailblazer I measured. So someone told me to get a set of springs from Colorado Z 71 and it would pick up the ass end from an inch and a half to 2 inches, my question is one is this true and two I’ll still have the lifting pucks from the lift kit should I add them as well or even better will they fit with the new springs? Because really the truck looks horrible with the ass and sagging it needs to be picked up and from what I understand the only way that I’m gonna be able to accomplish this is to get those Z 71 springs. So any insight would be greatly appreciated and anyone that has Done this and has pictures of what it looks like I’d love to see what the finished product is. Thank you guys I greatly appreciate it
I don’t know if anyone will need to know or if it makes a difference but I have Bill Steen shocks in the back and Bill Steen struts in the front I doubt that has anything to do with adding the springs but I thought I would post it just in case

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I thought it was Tahoe Z71 springs for that? I know putting a set of EXT springs on a shortie will bring the ass up high.

Didn't you get a pair of spacers for the rear springs with the lift kit?

Reactions: WeaponX

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Yes in fact I did get a pair of spacers but they did nothing I think the new set of springs that I purchased were weak because all that’s happening is the springs are compressing. And you’re right on the Tahoe for some reason I had Colorado on the brain and that’s what I typed. So if I get the springs from the Tahoe Z 71 or even the EXT springs from the trailblazer it should raise my ass end up about another 2 inches correct? The only other question I have is well I still need or want to use the space or pucks that came with the lift kit? I understand that I might have the Chevy nosedive front and again but the rear end Hass to go up it looks retarded. What do most people use when they want to accomplish those the Z 71 or the EXT? Because I want to order the springs tonight so they get here soon because honestly I can’t stand looking at it anymore the rear end is easily an inch and a half if not 2 inches lower than the front end and you can see at the top of the spring where the spacer is that the springs are just all pushed together there’s no separation at all It’s like they’re not strong enough to push up with that spacer there it’s just collapsing

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Yes in fact I did get a pair of spacers but they did nothing I think the new set of springs that I purchased were weak because all that’s happening is the springs are compressing.

:confused: So you put in the rear spacers, and there was NO lift at all? Are the rear shocks completely extended? That's the only thing I can think of that would cause the springs to compress more, without any additional weight in the back of the vehicle after putting in the rear blocks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That would cause the rear to pogo stick and the piston inside the shock to hammer the shock's top.

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Well I forgot to mention I also have a box in the back that’s carrying 2 JL 13w3 Subs in a pretty heavy wooden box I say between the subs and the box it Hass to easily weigh 100 120 pounds not to mention the two amplifiers in the capacitor which all of them put together probably only equal another 30 pounds but still there is way in the back

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
So I guess maybe my real question here is should I order the Z 71 Springs or a set of springs from the EXT because they’re beefier Springs to handle the load that I’m carrying in the trunk because before long those to jail subs are going to turn in the Ford Jail subs which means the box is even going to get bigger and I’m going to need the strength to hold up the ass end

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
I was going to order them tonight but there’s so many questions that are now circulating I don’t know what I should do. I wanna lift the ass end of the truck up yes, I know by disconnecting the shock that there is more than enough travel there is at least I want to say 3 inches of travel that I can spare in the rear shock, And like I said I am carrying a lot of car audio equipment which is going to increase within the next month like I said from three from two subs divorce subs which means a bigger box and an extra amplifier

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@HARDTRAILZ is our resident lift and springs expert but has been absent for the past while. I did find this thread which has some good info and also relevant to your situation with your rear load:

Reactions: WeaponX

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Your going to get a better ride out of the EXT springs in my opinion.

Jan 19, 2021
us
i would go with which ever had stiffer spring rate (i would guess the tahoe) considering the box in the back just to reduce sag as much as possible

i mean you could actually try and use whatever tahoe springs you choose to use i had some 2008 tahoe eibach lowering springs in my tb at one point, i figure you could use maybe some rear lifting springs from a tahoe idk

i’m just saying your options are more open cuz you can use the tahoe springs back there

Last edited:

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Well I ordered a set of 2012 Tahoe springs and I also got the 3 inch supreme lifting pucks for the rear so between the two if that doesn’t raise it I don’t know what will.
Then this upcoming Friday it’s going to get the 2 inch body lift put on so I should be sitting super high which I can’t wait to see. I have bilstien all around so I’m not to concerned with the harder ride I mean it’s a truck it’s not supposed to ride on clouds anyway and in the upcoming future within the next month I’m adding two more JL 13 W threes to the trunk which between those two subs in the wood to create the box is going to add even more weight so in the meantime before they go in I might have the Chevy tilt again where the front end looks like it’s nose diving a bit but it’s still going to be higher than any trailblazer around I just can’t wait to get the stuff on already

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Tomorrow it goes to get the custom-made exhaust put on one pipe and two pipes out that was on my other trailblazer that got totaled so now I’m putting it on my new trailblazer then this weekend I’ll be dedicated to putting the rear springs and puck soon so I was going to be a fun weekend of working on the truck and I’m actually so excited I don’t think I’m gonna be able to sleep LOL

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
@HARDTRAILZ is our resident lift and springs expert but has been absent for the past while. I did find this thread which has some good info and also relevant to your situation with your rear load:

Thank you for the link I appreciate it I don’t know if you saw in the comments or not but I did order a set of 2012 Tahoe springs and I got a set of supreme 3 inch spacers. The ride might be a little rough but in the upcoming month I’m also going to be adding two more 13 W threes so at the weight of two more subs in the wood to make the box for four of them everything should work out perfectly! Boy am I glad I snag those bilstiens of that guy for $100 For the two shocks and the two struts the only thing I think I missed out on is he gave me the springs as well the front one seem very strong but the rear ones just seem too weak in the trailblazer that I totaled with the spacers in factory springs it didn’t sag like this one is in the springs are brand new

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online