add-a-circuit

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
hey guys,

i am in the process of running my radar detector to my fuse box via an add-a-circuit, i have ran it to the box under the back seat but no mater what one i put it in i still get no power, am i going about this all wrong? i would like it to be a constant so i dont hear the dumb tones everytime i turn on my truck

Thanks

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Easy questions first your using the add a circuit fuse have you tryed it on a known working spot on the board like a the cigarette lighter,radio,hvac controls. That's would be my first suggestion try a known working fuse location and see if you get power keep us posted

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Easy questions first your using the add a circuit fuse have you tryed it on a known working spot on the board like a the cigarette lighter,radio,hvac controls. That's would be my first suggestion try a known working fuse location and see if you get power keep us posted

yes, i have tried radio, aux 1 and 2, and a few others but still nothing, i have also tried many diffrent grounds,

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you have a meter to confirm the lack of voltage or ground?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Are you getting power to the original function/device for that particular slot when the add-a-circuit is plugged in? If so, then the fuse you put in that top spot could be bad/blown, and you won't get power to your accessory device. :twocents:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree: It seems like the problem is in the Add a circuit because your getting power to the location when its not there. Like shadow said check the fuses and again keep us posted.

Tarnished

Dec 3, 2011
Yes.. I have a few add-a-circuits as well.
You have to have working fuses in both sockets; the stock function, and the added one.

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Tarnished said:
Yes.. I have a few add-a-circuits as well.
You have to have working fuses in both sockets; the stock function, and the added one.

Thanks for the replys guys,

Yes I do have power to the stock functions, I have also checked all fuses and all are good, its HAS to be my ground, I will check it with a test light in the afternoon, the ground that I am using is an old spot where there was an amp grounded when I bought the truck but that worked fine, AHHH!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Don't forget continuity in your wiring to the detector.

DMD_TB

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
ok, just got to this tonight, what i did from the start was just to had a female con to the wires to the fuse box and just plugged the detector into that so i didnt have to cut any wires, well i ran my cord down the a-pillar little did i know that the wire fell down and the clips cut a chunk of the wire, sooo after a few blown fuses i finally got it working just fine!!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
DMD_TB said:
ok, just got to this tonight, what i did from the start was just to had a female con to the wires to the fuse box and just plugged the detector into that so i didnt have to cut any wires, well i ran my cord down the a-pillar little did i know that the wire fell down and the clips cut a chunk of the wire, sooo after a few blown fuses i finally got it working just fine!!

Nice!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online