Ad Revenue

$ Khalid ! 9130

Hey everyone,

Not complaining or anything, so recently I have been seeing quite a few adverts pop up on the GMTNation website.

Sketch (23).png

Sketch (24).png

Sketch (25).png

I have never used adblocker or the sort on GMTNation ever yet I had not seen these before. Is this a new way to get money and traffic into the site? Cause just recently I was searching for something GMT related and for the first time the first result was GMTNation :2thumbsup:

Capote

Platinum Supporter
Oh your not alone, I get similar ones, but mine tend to be a lot of my own threads lolbfgbdgfgd.png GMTNads.png

Attachments

• gdgdfgdgf.png
    gdgdfgdgf.png
    412 KB · Views: 2

Capote

Platinum Supporter
Yep, have had quite a few of my threads pop up as well. It makes me feel proud of myself :biggrin:

However have you noticed the site popping up in search results? I've always had the OS pop up first and then GMTNation! But a few day ago, had GMTNation on top where it belongs. :woohoo:
Perhaps it shows the logged in user's threads?
If I ever search anything TB related I only use GMTN or Tv (if I can't find it here).

OP
$ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Perhaps it shows the logged in user's threads?
If I ever search anything TB related I only use GMTN or Tv (if I can't find it here).

Yep could be, however now I'm seeing mostly threads I didn't know existed, lots of great info available here that's for sure. I mainly search here on GMTNation, or just start a thread if I really need to. But sometimes I would be on the search engine and just think of something TB related and type it in. But yeah, I gotta say I actually like seeing these threads pop up from time to time :2thumbsup:

Capote

Platinum Supporter
Yep could be, however now I'm seeing mostly threads I didn't know existed, lots of great info available here that's for sure. I mainly search here on GMTNation, or just start a thread if I really need to. But sometimes I would be on the search engine and just think of something TB related and type it in. But yeah, I gotta say I actually like seeing these threads pop up from time to time :2thumbsup:
Have only seen ads with threads that are new or somewhat recent.

OP
$ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

Have only seen ads with threads that are new or somewhat recent.

I just got one going back to 2013 I think, about putting leds to 'hide' the bumper gap. I actually liked that idea, never seen it before.

At this rate we will have this thread pop up with those ads as well as a really popular thread :dielaugh:

Mooseman

Unfortunately, ads are a necessary evil. Without enough paying members, this site can't sustain itself. Ad blockers hurt us too. From what I can tell, there are just as many ads when you are a supporting member and that should not be.

Tiggerr

Unfortunately, ads are a necessary evil. Without enough paying members, this site can't sustain itself. Ad blockers hurt us too. From what I can tell, there are just as many ads when you are a supporting member and that should not be.

I get very few ads other than stationary ones at top and bottom.... on mobile using safari on iPhone

OP
$ Khalid ! 9130

$ Khalid ! 9130

I am not against them in any way as I have never used ad blocker or the sort before. Its just that I didn't see these many before And thought was this done to being in more rev that's all :2thumbsup:

Mooseman

I just noticed those ads for posts here so wondering if something was changed to advertise this site?

Jman423

Administrator
Administrator
The only new advertisements are the ones for eBay. The header and the top of the sidebar are the same. I tested a larger footer advertisement, but it performed poorly. I am trying to keep revenue flowing so we can keep this site alive while balancing the usability. I'm trying to make the ads display (dynamically) the most relevant advertisements possible, but I don't control what they ultimately display. I'm the first one to enable an ad-blocker when a site gets carried away with ads, but in this case... it is the money that supports our server and licencing costs.

Since I am indeed working on improving the revenue flow by adjusting advertisements, if anyone should see ads displayed where they shouldn't (upgraded memberships), this is most likely an oversight on my part. Simply report it in the support forum and we'll get it addressed as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your support!

Capote

Platinum Supporter
Really is a great forum with loads of info and people eager to help each other out :Lager Louts::2thumbsup:

TollKeeper

Gold Supporter
Older thread, but seemed relavant. With a upgraded membership, are the ads supposed to be different, or???

Mooseman

Quite possibly a glitch. I'll check up on that.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Supporter
FYI - I get ads, and I'm a 'lifetime VIP' (drinks on me... LOL) They're tailored to where you've been recently, thanks to Google analytics (you'd be surprised some of the ads that pop up in the top banner. The RH side ones (for me) are pretty much always Amazon / Ebay, with a varying 3rd ad, up top (tonight, it's for the upcoming 'In The Heights' movie, which I haven't been searching on at all, I can assure you).

The bottom panel always varies; again, mostly (but not always) based on what I've been doing outside of this site.

I could block the ads, but they provide revenue (and the site knows when I block them, too, and nicely asks me to stop). Thankfully, they don't cycle every couple of minutes -- once they load, they're static.

At the other end of the spectrum is anything that Internet Brands (?) owns... which is a ton of automotive sites. One of the worst is LS1.com; as soon as I tell my browser to go there, I'm activating the adblocker (and still closing ads & stuff afterward!). But they come up as a good resource on a ton of stuff I look for.

Anyway... that's my experience. I'm as 'premium' as you can be, here... and I'm pretty sure I see the same ads as others. (but I can edit my posts at anytime, and I *really* like that)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeremycarpenter2013

Secure Browsing

Top Bottom