Actuator problem or something else?

hugox_89

Original poster
Sep 18, 2019
Matamoros
I have a 2002 TB LTZ with the digital climate control module.
I had the front vent actuator problem for a long time, a month ago I changed the actuator and my problem got solved.
Yesterday the clicking started sounding again so I shut the AC off. When started the truck again no air would come out of the front vents, only the dash and feet. When doing the calibration of actuators the front vents blow for like 5 seconds then it blows back again into the dash vents. Should I get a new actuator or could this be something else. I feel like something is causing the actator to go bad. Could this be the climate control module? Help please!!

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
I have a 2002 TB LTZ with the digital climate control module.
I had the front vent actuator problem for a long time, a month ago I changed the actuator and my problem got solved.

Exactly which actuator did you replace? (There are 5 actuators in there) Not at all uncommon for them to be failing after maybe 17 years! I also have an 02. The gears inside are plastic and that plastic is getting old. Here in this thread are a couple of pictures of what can be happening inside.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
It's not the CC module. I'd say your mode actuator is toast again. Hope you didn't buy a Dorman as their electronics are suspect at best.

Reactions: Maverick6587

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online