ACDelco fuel pump or other brand with pos reviews

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
If there is one thing I've learned the hard way, its you get what you pay for. Personally, I would rather spend the extra and get the Delco pump. Most of the OEM parts have proven to last for years, whereas some aftermarket/no-name brands seem to crap out a lot sooner. Have you tried checking RockAuto, or eBay? eBay usually runs a 10% off any purchase every month/other month that helps knock the price down a bit. :yes:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
--^-- +1 There are only two Kinds of "Cheap" Fuel Pumps:

(1) Those that have Failed...
(2) ...and Those that are Going to Fail... Just after you put one in.

Your Choices for the More Reliable Flavors are:

(1) Delphi
(2) ACDelco
(3) Bosch

...if you use anything else to save what will amount to being just a few Bucks... then in say... (6) to (8) Weeks... You'll get more Hands-On Experience than you bargained for....because of having to Change Out a Failed "New" Fuel Pump...Again. Save your Beer and Cigarette Money ...and get The Best Your Hard Earned Dough Can Buy.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Coming in a bit late here (I saw this thread last night, but didn't want to reply via phone)...

I also read the OP's other thread going over his stalling issue before he started this second thread for 'which fuel pump' (nothing wrong with that; just mentioning that there's an original thread that puts this in context). Also, using a little Google-fu, something for the OP to check on are the main ground wires (thanks to Roadie for mentioning that, a few years back).

Now, I was going to say basically the same thing as the others (AC Delco FTW.) And after reading the Amazon reviews, it looks like out of 20 reviews, some of them aren't even referencing this particular pump (I very much doubt that the same pump is used in Ford Mustangs & Escapes (could be; I didn't cross-reference all of that, since I didn't know the MYs in question on the Fords. But I doubt it. If true, then fitment may suffer, being a generic part.)

The other thing I was going to mention about that Amazon choice... it's one of several that are probably the same pump, just branded differently. IOW, it's *all* CCC (cheap Chinese crapola)

And, finally...warranty is 1yr on that part. Personally, I'd pick something with a longer one, if I could get it.

So, like @Mike534x suggested... I went over to the Rock, since I've purchased a few parts from them lately...and found a Spectra Premium with a lifetime warranty - for $118

$5 more gets you a Bosch, and those are the two brands that most people order from RA (for this application). Only thing is, the Bosch is a 1yr warranty.

(IIRC, the GM-branded pumps are supplied by Bosch, as well - and if so, that's why they *also* only have a 1yr warranty).

For a lower price...Just over $100 will get you an Airtex (which you can also find on AMZN or the Bay.)

Personally, I'd get any one of those, over the off-brand the OP referenced in post #1. But that's me. Now, I *do* understand that there's a big $ delta between the AC Delco and all of the others - so I might pick one of the less-expensive choices, myself, at a 2x factor, not to mention a 5x one, as you have with the Amazon choice)

But -- if you're going to have to "do it twice" (with any one of those choices) -- at least you don't want to have to *pay* for it twice. That would be my thinking. And Rock does automatically keep track of the purchase - so for things with an extended / lifetime warranty, returns are streamlined (I make no claim that they'll ship pump #2, et al, any faster, should the new one go south, and I don't work for them, either).

If you do have to "do it twice" -- it will go faster the second time around. Always does.

If you prefer Amazon, my choice there would be the GMB, for $87 and change. Note that while some of the other brands I list above are also on AMZN, they're generally more expensive there as well (if you're 'Prime', then the shipping helps balance, but still). The Bosch is ~ $40 more, as an example.

Finally, if you go with Amazon, give some thought to getting a new locking ring -- there's a Dorman there for $12 - cheap insurance, if you wind up needing it. And you can easily return it afterward, if you don't. I wouldn't get a pump from Dorman, but they can generally punch out a piece of steel to proper spec. Rock carries them, too - again, cheaper (not counting shipping).

If you order from Rock - get the current 5% off code - it'll help with shipping, which isn't free.

(suggestion for RA, who has a presence on this forum - start a 'Rock Prime' shipping program, and you'll drive more business both from AMZN and the retail suppliers like AAP, etc.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online