Amazon Product ACDelco branded 'full synthetic' Dexron VI - $6.05/qt shipped

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Was at my local O'Reilly's picking up a Wix trans filter for the Sierra, and decided to pick up a few extra quarts of the Valvoline synthetic Dex that I use (which is now $10 / qt), with the idea of doing a full fluid exchange. But I was worried that I didn't have enough for the job (the 4L80 takes about 14qts total, IIRC). And O'Reillys is the only local store that carries the Valvoline Dex I use.

So... I get home and check Amazon for the stuff, as I want to change out in the next couple of days, and I know they'll get it to me quick. To my surprise, I found the stuff in the title. At that price, I bought two cases.

It's not a 'prime' item, but it is free shipping by the seller.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Redbeard

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Ah, but that's not the same stuff.
The one I posted about is labeled 'full synthetic'. Now, it may be no different than 'regular' Dex VI, but from what I can see, it is, indeed, different. I bought it b/c I like a full synth in my GM trannies, and it was just over 1/2 the price that the Valvoline I usually use is now running.

While I did look for the gallon size of what I got, I couldn't find it on Amazon. But as it turns out, it *is* available in 1 gal. jugs elsewhere (cheapest I found just now is $24.42 (or $6.105 /qt).

Quart is 10-9243
Gallon is 10-9244

Also, I could only find it on two sites (punch in the above # on Google, and you'll see it)

For the record, Dex VI spec requires at least a semi-synth blend to meet the spec & be able to use the license. So it may be a moot point to some.

Finally, Amazon is now offering the quart bottles under Prime & fulfilled by them -- but at additional cost. You can still get it from the same seller I did, same price. BTW, it ships from Alabama, IIRC, and I got it yesterday afternoon. 2 days to get from there to here in IL (shipped Monday, via UPS)

Hope everyone had a great turkey day!

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I'll agree that the base stock is all group III, so it starts out as 'full' synthetic... but in order to maintain that throughout, the entire additive pack, etc., also must be synthetic.

Now I do keep an open mind,, and can be persuaded. But it's going to take more than a response like that to convince me! :smile:

coolride

Aug 23, 2019
Adirondacks
I have a couple of the gallon containers on my shelf. The label on the front isn't printed with the words "Full Synthetic" but here is an image of the label on the back. The first sentence includes the words full synthetic.
tb85.JPG

Reactions: Redbeard

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I'll agree that the base stock is all group III, so it starts out as 'full' synthetic... but in order to maintain that throughout, the entire additive pack, etc., also must be synthetic.

Now I do keep an open mind,, and can be persuaded. But it's going to take more than a response like that to convince me! :smile:
Then maybe you need to use more googlefu. I have been around this platform for sometime now and when Roadie was around he always told you guys that Dexron VI is full synthetic. but hey what do I know? https://www.acdelco.com.au/pdf/specifications/acdelco_specs_dexronVI.pdf

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online