Reactions: Redbeard

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Yea. I just ordered a set.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Me too even though I just put in a new set. Can't pass these up.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Me too even though I just put in a new set. Can't pass these up.
I'm about 5k over due for them so it is a good deal lol.

cornchip

Jan 6, 2013
Still a good value with exchange and shipping to Canada.

Edit....ordered a set. :2thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hell yeah! But I had them shipped to MyUSAddress along with some other stuff, including a turkey deep fryer, which dropped from $119 to $99USD. It's $200CAD on Amazon.ca.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looking at the reviews, they may be fake Chinese clones. And now I'm wondering if the last set I put in were fakes as well but from memory, they had the plastic protective sleeve rather than the cardboard on the fakes. Telltale sign would be the "ASSEMBLEDA" on the plugs. Some reviewers said they had major issues with them, maybe thread breakage in the head? Some had failures.

I've put in a request for cancellation. May be too late though.

Edit: Got confirmation mine was cancelled.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Fantastic deal! Nice find :cool:
Be sure to check them though, some of the reviews said they received counterfeit ones.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Looking at the reviews, they may be fake Chinese clones. And now I'm wondering if the last set I put in were fakes as well but from memory, they had the plastic protective sleeve rather than the cardboard on the fakes. Telltale sign would be the "ASSEMBLEDA" on the plugs. Some reviewers said they had major issues with them, maybe thread breakage in the head? Some had failures.

Well damn, mine are beyond cancellation because they are at my local post office. Guess I'll check them to my original set and see but looks like they'll be going back.

Reactions: Capote

Redbeard

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Sorry gentlemen. I never thought of looking at the reviews because I didn't need any plugs currently and I didn't even look at the reviews. I'l preview any other items I run across before suggesting it. Amazon is getting bad about letting clones coming in and with these plugs that was farthest from my little mind.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y

20181210_210146.jpg
After seeing your post I went and searched for the set I bought a month or so back. Seems these are good to go in the Voy. I have to get a set of coils while I'm at it.

Reactions: Capote and Mooseman

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Sucks they are fakes cause its time for me to do plugs again

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There are other deals on fleabay where I got mine last year.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I looked around and several at this price from foreign nations. Was also looking to see if the NGK version had any deals. I scored on my TA plugs awhile back at 8 real iridium ones for under 20. I guess i need to just keep my eyes peeled.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mine say delivered but I can't find them. I'll let you know.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Mine came with a plastic tube. Box was wrong, different than other delco plug boxes. That being said they are delco plugs... sort of. They are actually stamped with another part number and a Japan stamp. Sure as hell they're actually NGK plugs. Going back tomorrow.

Reactions: Capote

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looking on fleabay, there are a ton of fakes. Looking at pics of the real ones, you can see a difference in the space below the hex and the finish is chrome like rather than a satin nickel finish.

Fake ACDelco.jpgReal ACDelco.jpg

Now I'm wanting to rip mine out and see if I got fakes or not. I still have my originals to compare.

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
SInce NGK makes the AC Delco, it may not be all bad if they are real NGK

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I don't trust it

Reactions: JWO76

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: JWO76

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Have some pics of those @littleblazer ?
They look the same as the ones you pulled out of your truck in the miss thread. The number embossed is the same and it says japan. However the threads weren't super clean. If they are still home later I'll snap a pic but mom was going to send them back if she had the time.

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I was skeptical of the deal. Ebay has similar prices.
What I decided to do was get it from Advance Auto Parts. Started off with $42, but after all rebates and discounts came to $20 for six plugs. I figured that a retail national chain store was most likely to have the genuine article.

Green bugs store????? WTF???? I want auto parts, not insects :rolleyes:

The old plugs were made in Japan. New ones are made in USA of Japanese parts.

I wasn't looking for plugs, but saw this over at Amazon.
ACDelco 41-103 Professional Iridium Spark Plug (6 Pack)
$16.00
That works out to about @2.66 EACH. free shipping with prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JQ2L5DS/?tag=gmtnation-20

In Stock.
Sold by Green Bugs Store and Fulfilled by Amazon. Gift-wrap available.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just saw this video and it really shows the difference between the real and counterfeit plugs.

I have retitled this thread to reflect its nature and moved it to tech discussion.

Redbeard

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
Thanks Mooseman for sharing this video! Any little difference we might see in a plug might go unnoticed, but as the YouTuber showed adding all the little differences together do makes a big difference. I checked the gaps on the last set of plugs with a dial indicator and they all dialed in perfectly and with what he saw going from .029 to .036" variences it does show who has good quality control. And it ain't the fake ones.

edit: I felt sort of stupid not thinking of going to the original manufacturer to see what they suggested about looking at fake parts. duh.

Last edited:

Redbeard

Original poster
Jan 26, 2013
This was over at the AC Delco site. Notice the tip of the spark plug with a small circular area just about the center electrode? Same as the Youtuber pointed out.
1569524200147.png

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Here's another "How to SPOT Counterfeit ACDelco Spark-Plug" Video:

With an "Honorable LINK" Back to GMT Nation:

Reactions: madcratebuilder

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I think I remember someone showing that they wore out quickly. I imagine that the iridium tip is just plain steel and a little tip like that would burn off. I wouldn't leave them in there.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Funny thing, I put AC Delco plugs from Amazon in my 07 Silverado years ago. Dirt cheap, thought I got a steal. Truck's original plugs were rather crispy and well overdue for replacement, though it didn't run badly at all. After replacement, I noticed no difference in how it ran. Maybe they were fakes.. But, I never had a single problem with them, and they were still in the truck when I traded it in last fall with over 80k on them (probably pushing 90k). So if they were fakes, they still lasted ok.

Oh well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Saw this video that shows how to check and test real vs fake plugs. These were NGK but I'd imagine it would be the same for ACDelco plugs since NGK is their supplier.

I have to say that the fakes are getting better at looking like the real ones but their performance is still sub-par.

• Wow
Reactions: azswiss

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And another one again with NGK. A little different, probably from another fake maker.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.