Acadia Window problems

Petey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
2013 Acadia SLE

I just replaces 3 window switches (drivers and both rear) on my sister in-law's Acadia. The rear windows would go down with one switch but not up, so between the rear switches and master switch all windows did work. The driver had total control over the driver's window but no control over the front passenger window.

Anyway all windows now work from all switches EXCEPT now the driver's express down will stop midway, it will continue to go down when you push the express down again but stops again. It takes 3 cycles to go all the way. When you do not trigger the express it will roll all the way when you hold the button.

She does not have the express up option. Rolling up the window and holding the button did not work. Are there any other reset procedures, or could we have gotten a bad switch?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could be a bad switch. IIRC, the express down works by sensing the amps being pulled by the window motor and when it hits bottom with the increased draw, turns it off like a breaker. That or the motor is getting tired and drawing too many amps triggering the stop or the window tracks are dragging too much. When doing the express down, try pushing down on the window to assist it.

Petey

Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Thanks!

I am leaning towards a bad switch. She said the express down worked on the old switch (one of the few that did work on it). When I do not engage the express down, and hold the switch, the window is smooth and does not bind

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online