Acadia dashboard instrument cluster

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
I have to replace my instrument cluster on my 08 gmc acadia fwd slt . I suspect that my cluster is not original because most of the warning indicators are not lite wgen started and the mileage is very low.I understand that these units are plug and play meaning they will when installed maintain the donor mileage and not that of your original cluster but you can clone it for a charge to your original one . I have a US version cluster miles per hour primary vs klm per hour , my question is are these clusters interchangeable (US and Canadian) because I live in Canada I would like to use a primary metric cluster . Also I am having alot of difficulty getting the proper oem number for my original vs cluster and a Canadian replacement the oem numbers I came up with with the help of Gm Canada is 23161137 and 23161238 but there are so many numbers and variations pls help if you can ....javindra.spencer@gmail.com

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
They will be plug and play, it's a seeing done in the menu to switch over to metric.

As far as part number, not sure. I see a km cluster on eBay for 60 bucks shipped.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The cluster face is also likely in miles so I think he wants to switch that (unless the whole cluster is electronic and switches to metric). If it has a gauge face, you could probably swap it from the dead one to the US one.

JAVINDRA

Original poster
May 27, 2018
brampton ontario canada
The cluster face is also likely in miles so I think he wants to switch that (unless the whole cluster is electronic and switches to metric). If it has a gauge face, you could probably swap it from the dead one to the US one.
I managed to get my hands on a metric Canadian cluster version and did the swap with no problem all is well except that I am now getting a service AWD system diagnostic message but I have A FWD so I guess the cluster came from a AWD Acadia and the new cluster has 65000 KLM more miles so I will have to get it cloned

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It will need to be reprogrammed to get rid of it. The dealer or somebody with a proper setup can do that (Tech 2 or MDI). Unfortunately you're stuck with that odometer reading unless you know somebody that has a *cough cough* regrogrammer like a Digiprog, generally only available from China.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online