ac refill for short wheelbase ?

KEEBZ489

Original poster
Jan 16, 2018
Howard Beach NY
i have an 05 ext for those that dont know , and looking to finally install my new compressor , drier and rear cut off kit.

how much r134 do i need ? i thought the rear cut off kit would come with a new label or specs but nothing.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I've been researching this, as I'm doing the same thing in my '03 (waiting for my rear block-off kit to arrive).

Best info I have is to put the OEM-spec amount for models w/o rear air -- which is 1.9lb of refrigerant. (The rear air models spec 2.65lb)

I still have to look at my A/C plumbing, to see how much 'extra' there is before the block-off, because that might make a difference in how much to put in. 1-2oz? More? That's where the gauge readings will come in.

So... I'm going to be prepared to add up to 1.9lb at the outset, monitor the gauges, and adjust from there as needed.

Best info I have, short of having access to one of the high-end machines the shops use.

Reactions: Mooseman

Tankcruiser

Oct 29, 2018
Toledo
i do readings based on humidity and temps be sure ur checking it at correct rpm 1500 or 2000 rpm
try aiming for 25 to 30 on r134 scale as it fills nooks and crannies be sure to use correct color coded orifice tube..... good luck
i prefer to have rear ac in ext mine is black paint and gets ice cold!
clean ur coils first for max performance

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
be sure to use correct color coded orifice tube.....
^^^Yes, this ^^^

Replace the gold orifice tube with the white one which is spec'd for the single system.

I used the single system fill amount spec'd (1.9 lbs.) and it ran fine. The dual system only uses 0.75 lbs extra so the leftover small extra lines that are blocked off are negligible.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online