NEED HELP AC not working like it supposed to.

Herben

Original poster
May 24, 2020
Netherlands
Hello all.

I'm Heren from almost the smallest country in the World "The Netherlands,, And I'm new here.
I've got an trailblazer 2003 ltz with the v6. Every thing works great,...but not the AC.
When I got the car i replaced:

-condensor
-dryer
-ac compressor
-all AC pipe lines

Now the clutch engages. But the ac dus not give me cold air in the cabin .
driver side actually gives me even hotter air than when not using the AC?

While The battery was bad I replaced the battery, put new seals on the head cover, drained the old oils, transmission and engine....etc...etc.

But the main thing is that I just don't get gold air in the truck? what can be the problem?
I don't think its'an actuator becouse with out a.c. every thing is working, and even on my simple car diagnostic cit (no tech 2) I can tell the actuators are al moving.

So at this point I really are empty off everything who can help me solve this.

thanks,
Herben

mateo

Aug 12, 2019
Phoenix, Az
Did you replace your orffice tube? I didn't think it to be a big deal until I pulled mine. It was almost fully clogged. Now my ac is way better.

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
The driver's side is easiest to access. There are 3 actuators down there. The one closest to the front is the defrost, the one in the middle is the mode that controls air to upper or lower vents. The one furthest to the rear of the vehicle is the temperature blend door for the driver's side.

There should be a few threads on this site about testing and replacing these things

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Here is one example of what commonly happens with these actuators. The old plastic gears crack so even though the motor is driving the plastic gear is slipping on the metal final drive piece

IMG_20190319_184322.jpg

Reactions: Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This should help as well:
a/c control issues 2005 TB (Front actuators/diagram)

Prior to replacing them, try doing a system reset by pulling the HVAC-B fuse for about 30 seconds, put it back, turn the key to RUN while it resets for a couple of minutes. If still the same, the actuators are likely toast.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Herben

Original poster
May 24, 2020
Netherlands
thanks all, I'll just order me selfe am actuator and replace it. (driver site is most likely the couse as the other side is function ass far as I can tell.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online