ac is not cold

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
hi i know that i ask alot but i did search and didnot find a fix for my problem in the a/c when i turn the car on and the ac is keeps not blowing cold air until i mive for at least 2 mins on an open road and when i stop at a red light when the tempreture is 40 to 42c the car tempreture rise above the half so i turn the a/c off and it cools down again everything happens when it ls day but at night the a/c is a freezer i did change the fan clutch but the same problem exist also sometimes in day time while i am moving 50 or 70 mph the air is cold but suddenly it is not and i hear whistling sound from the vents then its gone and the a/c is cold again any help

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Get the truck to an AC professional to use their expensive gauges to check the pressures. Not a DIY project.

aboturky839

Original poster
May 21, 2013
i did check the pressure and they said its ok i went to 3 professional they said nothing is wrong :sadcry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I would call them incompetent professionals if they didn't drive with you and let you demonstrate the problem. If you checked the pressures already, it would have been courteous to put that in your first post. :frown:

You might have an airflow actuator issue. Put a thermocouple on the receiver/drier and see if it's ALWAYS at a good low temp, even when the cabin airflow gets warm. That will let you know if it's a bad compressor function or a plenum airflow or temp actuator problem.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
With the heat you deal with over there, sounds like your fan clutch is not working properly, which have a high failure rate on these trucks. Here's an easy way to test it. With the engine running and warmed up, turn on the air conditioning. Then, go under the hood and with a gloved hand or with a rag, try to stop the turning fan. If it stops with little resistance, like in the video, replace the fan clutch.

The fact that the A/C doesn't work well when stopped and the engine gets hotter too points to this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9KJ3XH84FY

Edit: I just read that you changed the clutch. What brand did you use? Dorman is not the best while Hayden is the recommended brand here.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online