AC Grinding noise

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I posted this problem on the other site but got no real help. At times I hear a repeating grinding noise that seems to be coming from behind the center air vents. When I turn off the climate control it stops. A GM mechanic said it might be an actuator but when it was in the shop they couldnt reproduce it. It doesnt seem to occur at any regular interval, just random times. And it will occur for a couple minutes then stop while the ac is still on. Any ideas what this might be? I actually recorded it on my cell phone but the file is too big to zip and upload to the forum.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
I could be an actuator, they are little motors with moving flaps; but, it might be something in the fan blades of the blower motor.

Easy to pull it out and check the fan, and the passage way that the fan sits in.

The fan is mounted behind the glove box

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I'll take a look. I used to have a website that had parts breakouts for every part of my envoy but it was closed. Do you know of any websites like this?

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
The site I used to use had diagrams of the parts and their part numbers. The site you sent just tells me to call them to find the parts I need.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
That old resource was compnine.com, and the world is the worse off that they closed shop. Everybody used them for the diagrams and part numbers and almost nobody bought their items there because they were offered at list price. Like the way Best Buy is being abused as the free lookin'-at store for stuff people end up buying from Amazon. :hissyfit:

There are exploded parts diagrams I snagged from compnine and photoshopped along the way, but not nearly all of them. This one may be useful:

allactuators-orig.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online