AC doesn't turn off

LBB

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Now I have a question. It doesn't matter if I have the AC button on or off, the AC is always on when I turn on the blower. Right now we still have temps where I could life without the AC and I don't like to have the heater on because the AC is always on. This makes no sense at all. My only other choice is to have the windows open, but west texas can be quite dusty. So who can help me?

And defrost is off.
The vents are on the inside only.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U need to fill out yhour info so we know what vehicle u are

Your**

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
LBB said:
... the AC is always on when I turn on the blower. ... And defrost is off....
The vents are on the inside only.
Not sure what you mean about the vents are on the inside only.

In any event, the AC COMPRESSOR is always cycling on in defrost and recirculate modes. Can you confirm you're not in recirculate mode?

LBB

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
the roadie said:
Not sure what you mean about the vents are on the inside only.

In any event, the AC COMPRESSOR is always cycling on in defrost and recirculate modes. Can you confirm you're not in recirculate mode?

I mean that I have the switch all the way to the left, where it blows air to the inside only. Not the windows or the feet or so.

It doesn't make a difference if it's on recirculate mode or not, it always blows cold no matter if I have 40 degrees or 90 degrees outside.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If you're on cabin vent mode, no defrost, and no recirculate, then the AC snowflake button should suppress the compressor operation when it's turned off. If yours is on, then the control unit has a fault.

Does your snowflake button give any indication that it knows it's been pressed?

Are you looking under the hood to confirm the compressor is running when you don't want it to, and the receiver/drier is chilly?

LBB

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
the roadie said:
If you're on cabin vent mode, no defrost, and no recirculate, then the AC snowflake button should suppress the compressor operation when it's turned off. If yours is on, then the control unit has a fault.

Does your snowflake button give any indication that it knows it's been pressed?

Are you looking under the hood to confirm the compressor is running when you don't want it to, and the receiver/drier is chilly?

The other day the car was parked and I had the engine running. When I saw a lot of water under the vehicle while the Snowflake was off, I checked under the hood and the water was dripping from the cold line in the engine room.
And yes I can turn this switch off and on, but as I said the air is always cold.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.