AC Delco rad with copper core

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
Found a source for this rad with a $155 price. Is it worth it to pay for the copper core? It has not petcock.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
The cores being copper won't make much of a difference. If that's what you're referring to.

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Reactions: Mooseman

Chilly

Original poster
Jan 16, 2016
Idaho
OK, I'll opt to save the money and go with aluminum. Thanks for the replies!

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Now that I can think straight, heat transfer is resistance limited. Copper core offers better thermal conductivity but the aluminium fins it has would be the limiting step. (Or transfer to coolant depending on how you look at it.)

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
If you're looking for optimum cooling, the more rows inside the better.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I remember seeing an aluminum radiator for a Dodge that fit our platform for hose placement, size and orientation but had much more cooling capacity. Somebody had used it for an efan setup.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I remember seeing an aluminum radiator for a Dodge that fit our platform for hose placement, size and orientation but had much more cooling capacity. Somebody had used it for an efan setup.
Yes, Brandon has this setup:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Big-Block-...ud-2-10-Fans-16-3-8-H-x-22-3-4-W/271608824480
Mind you, he replaced the efans that came with this though. They are not sufficient for cooling at all, and do not match the CFM rating they state. His truck would nearly overheat in the summer with fans that come in that kit. With proper fans, this is an awesome setup, if you're one that is into efans and all. Plenty of chat here all about that.

Reactions: mrrsm and Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online