ac and

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
hii
this what happens when i start the ac and the rpm is over 2,when idiling there is no problem ,clean throttle body any thing else should i check ?
[video=youtube;KuZwPbSmA9s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuZwPbSmA9s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
If the RPM is steady at idle, then there's no problem. The computer is keeping the idle steady when the extra load of the AC compressor kicks in.

You must be holding the RPM at 2000 with your foot in the video. Is that right? If so, your FOOT needs to increase pressure to keep the RPM at 2000 when the extra load of the AC compressor kicks in.

Your foot is just not as clever as the computer, that's all. Steady foot pressure does not imply steady RPM always. It's just steady engine power, so the RPM can vary with the load.

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
the roadie said:
If the RPM is steady at idle, then there's no problem. The computer is keeping the idle steady when the extra load of the AC compressor kicks in.

You must be holding the RPM at 2000 with your foot in the video. Is that right? If so, your FOOT needs to increase pressure to keep the RPM at 2000 when the extra load of the AC compressor kicks in.

Your foot is just not as clever as the computer, that's all. Steady foot pressure does not imply steady RPM always. It's just steady engine power, so the RPM can vary with the load.

yes you are right am holding the rpm with my foot on the pedal thats means i have no problrm thank you :biggrin:

edjosh3rd

Apr 21, 2012
I thought there was a problem with mine too when I first heard it, I then asked my mechanic and he told me that this is normal on these and explained every thing just as the roadie had said :thumbsup:

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
I noticed the same rpm drop in my truck as well when I held it at 2000 like you did. Then I found out that my refrigerant was low and now the compressor doesn't cycle every 5 seconds like it does in your video. I would have the low pressure for the A/C checked and add refrigerant as needed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.