NEED HELP AC and rear blower fan??

flyweed

Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
So, my 2004 Envoy XL, has been having a few AC/fan issues, I can't figure out. I recharged my AC myself this spring when weather started warming up. The two passenger side blowers blow "ok" cold air, but the driver side blows just almost "luke warm" air, not ice cold. Neither side blows Ice cold. The compressor is running as it should be, AC pressure checks out fine. Also, another weird thing, when I go to start my envoy, when I turn the key to accessory, the rear blower comes on..but as soon as I start the engine and key is in "run" I have no control over rear blower, and it doesn't work.

Do I need to flush the heat exchanger to get colder air? what about why is passenger side vents cooler than driver side?

Any help would be awesome

THanks

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sounds more like you're having issues with your actuators. Try resetting the system by pulling the HVAC-B fuse under the rear seat for a few seconds, put it back, turn the key to RUN but don't start the engine. Let it do its thing for about a minute (you should hear the actuators going through their range for the relearn).

If that fails, then try by first replacing the driver side actuator since it seems to be the most dead.

a/c control issues 2005 TB

This FAQ has a few threads regarding the HVAC
FAQ: Technical Discussion

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online