Absolute best filter money can buy?

MedicatedMike

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Our TB is getting due for and oil change and Im switching over to AMSoil. Going with their top tier 5w-30 that is rated up to 25k miles or 1 year, whichever first. (I only plan to go approx. 9 months/12k miles OCI's).

What is the absolute best long OCI oil filter out there currently for our TB's? AMSoil brand? WIX?

I would prefer to go all AMS products but if there is a better one out there, I want it! :biggrin:

Also If anyone has used/recommends the AMSoil long OCI filter b4 and knows the part number that we need for our I6 engine, that would be great! :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I'm using K&N in my Envoy...I have used it in other vehicles and they work extremely well...I won't use anything else. I heard that PureOne is the best bang for your buck but I have no experience in them. I have been changing oil in my own vehicles since I was 10yrs old with the help of my dad of course lol. I grew up on K&N and Fram...but Fram is just cardboard and junk in my opinion.

MedicatedMike said:
Our TB is getting due for and oil change and Im switching over to AMSoil. Going with their top tier 5w-30 that is rated up to 25k miles or 1 year, whichever first. (I only plan to go approx. 9 months/12k miles OCI's).

What is the absolute best long OCI oil filter out there currently for our TB's? AMSoil brand? WIX?

I would prefer to go all AMS products but if there is a better one out there, I want it! :biggrin:

Also If anyone has used/recommends the AMSoil long OCI filter b4 and knows the part number that we need for our I6 engine, that would be great! :thumbsup:

If your going with the Signature Series oil, then why not go with the 25k oil filter. We use the AMSOIL P/N EAO64 filter. Its currently 12.65. If you need to order it let me know.

Steve

MedicatedMike

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
well i wasnt sure which AMS filter i even needed. didnt see a reference guide in the paperwork anywhere plus I wasnt sure if there was a better filter out there or not, but with you providing me the number I need, I would just like to go ahead and try all AMS. :biggrin:

Do I place a order with you Steve or order it off the site? Want to order which ever way gives you the most"credit" or help. :biggrin:

*Love this site and community and if I can give back in any way and get top of the line products doing it, im in! :thumbsup:

MedicatedMike said:
well i wasnt sure which AMS filter i even needed. didnt see a reference guide in the paperwork anywhere plus I wasnt sure if there was a better filter out there or not, but with you providing me the number I need, I would just like to go ahead and try all AMS. :biggrin:

Do I place a order with you Steve or order it off the site? Want to order which ever way gives you the most"credit" or help. :biggrin:

*Love this site and community and if I can give back in any way and get top of the line products doing it, im in! :thumbsup:

Mike,

I have done all I need to do. Just log in and order away. Everything will be shipped right to your front door in a few days. If you ever have a question as to what is needed for the truck just go to AMSOIL Online Product Application Guide and put in your vehicle information and click on the links.

Its a great resource to use and easy to reach via your cell phone (android/iPhone app).

I am your dealer, and if you have any questions feel free to email me or call me.

Steve

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
When I switched to synthetic I ran Amsoil Flush through with a clean oil filter and contemplated buying a Fram since it would only be on the engine 15 minutes. But all it takes is one second for it to disintegrate and go into the engine. So I bought an ACDelco filter. I used a WIX with the Amsoil OE and I was very impressed with it. Felt well built. I'm intrigued by Amsoil's synthetic filter technology (I know they license it from a company that makes filters for much bigger engines) and will likely use one for my next oil change.

MedicatedMike

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Luckily, when we bought it, it already had mobil 1 in it (which im aware has been proven not to be a true synthetic or whatever recently), so I shouldnt need a "flush" right? I was planning on running a can of seafoam through the gas tank before changing oil. I have 3 cans bc it was on sale (buy 2 get 1 free), so should I do the other application of seafoam? Through intake or something? I forget exactly what i read previously, its eary.

MedicatedMike said:
Luckily, when we bought it, it already had mobil 1 in it (which im aware has been proven not to be a true synthetic or whatever recently), so I shouldnt need a "flush" right? I was planning on running a can of seafoam through the gas tank before changing oil. I have 3 cans bc it was on sale (buy 2 get 1 free), so should I do the other application of seafoam? Through intake or something? I forget exactly what i read previously, its eary.

It wont hurt to run a bottle of the Engine and Transmission Flush before the oil change. Just follow the instructions on the bottle and then drain the oil. It takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Steve

MedicatedMike

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Sweet! Did I read that right that you only need to add a bottle to the oil before draining it (letting it run for 15 mintues), then change like normal?

I thought most "flushes" were literally changing the oil twice in a row......if that is all that you have to do, then I would do that at every oil change! :biggrin:

MedicatedMike said:
Sweet! Did I read that right that you only need to add a bottle to the oil before draining it (letting it run for 15 mintues), then change like normal?

I thought most "flushes" were literally changing the oil twice in a row......if that is all that you have to do, then I would do that at every oil change! :biggrin:

Yup, just pour it in the oil fill, let the truck idle for 10-15 minutes, and drain as normal. When I did my 2 TB's I ran the flush, drained the oil, and let it drain for about 15 minutes. Took the filter off, put the new one on, and filled it up with Sig series/XL (XL for my wifes truck) and went about my day...

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Also put a fresh filter on with the Amsoil flush. It will better catch what Flush loosens up and help compensate for the amount of Flush added to the engine oil.

MedicatedMike

Original poster
Feb 24, 2012
Just wanted to make sure I read that right mark. you said to change the filter before adding the flush and letting it run 15 minutes and draining right? :biggrin:

MedicatedMike said:
Just wanted to make sure I read that right mark. you said to change the filter before adding the flush and letting it run 15 minutes and draining right? :biggrin:

yea you read that right. Please do not try to put on a new filter before you flush. Anything the flush breaks up will come out when you drain the oil from the pan. New filter, and new oil when you are done draining.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I'm sorry, I should have made that clearer.

Amsoil's recommendation is to replace the filter, run the Flush and then change the oil including another filter change. (2 filters for one oil change.) The purpose being two fold; Give an absolutely clean filter to catch anything the engine may throw at it and get some fluid out of the crankcase since you'll be adding about a pint of Flush.

I did my flush using an ACDelco filter as the initial filter and then put a Wix on to go with the Amsoil.

Bhaasie

Mar 15, 2012
Steve A said:
Yup, just pour it in the oil fill, let the truck idle for 10-15 minutes, and drain as normal. When I did my 2 TB's I ran the flush, drained the oil, and let it drain for about 15 minutes. Took the filter off, put the new one on, and filled it up with Sig series/XL (XL for my wifes truck) and went about my day...

I just ordered filter oil and flush from a soil using ur link. Thanks for the info.

When I do the flush, should I change filter first (bought a Mobil one filter for this step), flush, drain,new amsoil filter then fill? Is that correct?

Bhaasie said:
I just ordered filter oil and flush from a soil using ur link. Thanks for the info.

When I do the flush, should I change filter first (bought a Mobil one filter for this step), flush, drain,new amsoil filter then fill? Is that correct?

Thank you for the order, if you have any questions or concerns let me know. If its something I can't answer I will find you the answer.

As far as the flush, you dont need the Mobil 1 filter. Just put the flush in the oil fill, let the truck idle for 15 minutes, shut the truck off, and change the oil as you would any other oil change. Putting the new filter on does nothing because you are draining the oil anyway. Its just a step that is not needed.

any other questions feel free to email me at stephen.allen@charter.net or call 9083395453

Steve

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
MedicatedMike said:

You could get a bypass filter from AMS. It will certain increase your OCI by far.
My oil is still transparent and golden after 5000 miles.
Then again, I got the overkill kit. The set up is the BMK-23, EaBP-100 and EaO-26.

But you did say the best filter money can buy :raspberry:

seanpooh said:
You could get a bypass filter from AMS. It will certain increase your OCI by far.
My oil is still transparent and golden after 5000 miles.
Then again, I got the overkill kit. The set up is the BMK-23, EaBP-100 and EaO-26.

But you did say the best filter money can buy :raspberry:

I have mine sitting in the garage. Someone was going to buy it, so they told me to order it. The fell off the face of the earth. I am just waiting on the right time to install it. I cant wait to get it in there and not have to worry about the oil, just the filters! (of course you have to top off every once in a while.)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online