ABS NO Commutation (BUT ACTIVE)

manjotsc

Original poster
Feb 5, 2022
Montreal
Hi,

I have 2007 Chevrolet Uplander with equipped (ABS ONLY NO Traction) , I was having some issue with left front ABS sensor it wouldn't detect speed on it, replaced Wheel Bearing with SFK Brand, but still it kept complaining about same sensor. As last resort, since I already had active subscription for my van for Tis2Web. I decide to reprogram it. After selecting ABS module in Techline Connect, it showed that it would also update Onstar, I followed the steps during the programming, I got a failed message and since then tech2 is not able to communicate with ABS module, but in Message Monitor mode it does shows ABS Module is Active and I am unable to get it reprogrammed same error message. Also I am able to reprogram other modules expect IPC and ABS, Need Help

Thanks,

Attachments

• GOn9XpcUj9.png
    GOn9XpcUj9.png
    298.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Kqah9QEtcm.png
    Kqah9QEtcm.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 3
  • toqoIXbmie.png
    toqoIXbmie.png
    334.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DHFjThaL6y.png
    DHFjThaL6y.png
    208.3 KB · Views: 5

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Just a few Questions...

(1) What Type-Brand-Model of Tech 2 - Like (PASS-THRU) Device are you using and did you Update its Firm Ware ...First?

(2) What was your Baseline Battery Voltage?

(3) Did you install a Battery Voltage Maintainer on your System prior to attempting your Re-Calibration Flash?

(4) If you were using a "GYMKO" Tech 2 Clone... Did you Power the Unit using the Direct Battery Leads and Plug the Power Connector into the bottom of the DLC Cable and NOT into the Base of the Tech 2 Power interface?

(5) Have you considered trying to read the Calibration using the TIS2000 SPS Feature via the Tech 2 Linear Ram PCMCIA Flashcard Part# 33.004 ..which should be good up to 2008 IIANM and might serve to rescue your present dilemma?

(6) Did you follow the Steps listed in "The Tech 2 PATHS Bible" linked below?

Attachments

• TECH2 Paths.pdf
    490.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Reactions: Mooseman

manjotsc

Original poster
Feb 5, 2022
Montreal
I have a tech2 emulator installed on laptop, I don't have voltage maintainer. I am using VCX Nano MDI to program it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The VCX Nano doesn't have the best track record around here. If it failed during the flash, your EBCM might be bricked. I would recommend that you get a replacement from Kenny-U-Pull and then leave it alone. The programming is likely not your problem.

Although I have owned two of these vans in the past ('06 and '08), I have never dealt with ABS issues. However, if the sensors and wheel hubs are anything like our trucks', the hub is likely going bad. Once you get the replacement EBCM in, hook up your VCX and get the Tech 2 emulator working. Get to the page where you can monitor all the wheel speeds, select the wheels speeds to record and go for a drive. You can also ask a passenger to monitor the speeds.

You can also use this method to confirm that the sensor is not recording the speed properly.

If you do get a reading this way, I would suspect a wiring issue if no signal is getting to the EBCM. If that same signal is getting at the EBCM connector, then I would condemn the complete wheel hub as the signal it is sending is erroneous, which can happen as the hub may be failing and sending a bad signal as the tone ring inside the hub wobbles caused by worn bearings.

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
And, sadly, it is becoming increasingly common, with overseas 'quality control', to get a bad part right out of the box. Follow Mooseman's advice, and don't assume that just because the hub/bearing is new that it's also good.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online