ABS light.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
I've finally read the codes for the ABS.

C0035
C0040
C0045
C0050
C0244
C0245
C0287

It appears that what I read on these its affecting all 4 wheels (first 4 codes) wheel speed circuit malfunction.
C0244 I don't know, wasn't listed. C0245 Wheel speed sensor frequency error. C0287 Delivered torque circuit. Not seeing why changing the front 2 hub assemblies would affect all 4 wheels. Maybe the last couple codes could help decipher ? Any ideas gents ?

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1307151

Where I found description of said codes.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
C0244-Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) Delivered Torque, which could mean wiring, abs module, or pcm.

Obvious question but necessary. Did you check the fuses? Apart from that, sounds like a total failure of the ABS module to have so many codes or communication problem between the BCM, PCM and ABS modules. May need more in depth searching and testing using a Tech 2 scanner to see what is really going on.

What brand of wheel hubs did you use? I've had some that were so bad that it messed up the ABS and would actuate at low speed. Pulled the fuse until I replaced it again after it failed.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
Thats whats odd also, never had abs problems till i changed the hubs. I wonder if they are faulty.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK but which BRAND did you buy? Timken? Raybestos? Moog?

Here's an idea. Try disconnecting the two front hubs. If they're really that bad, then all you should get now is errors for those only. Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes or erase all the errors before checking.

Reactions: AtlWrk

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You're forgiven this time :cool:

But do try disconnecting them and see what happens.

GMDUDE2003

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
I'll have to send Rockauto an email and ask, they're very good about that stuff. Next, when I got home from work I turned the wheel so I could see the plug. Which I do believe to be correct. Felt secure, to dirty to see wires and any chance that could be screwed up. Also, had to yank the ABS fuse because the tires were locking up on the highway lol. Not horrible, but alarming when you're not expecting it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That is bizarre. Like I said, try to disconnect both front wheel sensors and see if that problem goes away and the codes except two go away.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online