ABS light, replace sensor?

MoMobile

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
The ABS light has come on and a shop told me that the sensor need to be replaced. Is this something I can do on my own?

EDIT: it is a 2004 Envoy

NV7

Jul 18, 2013
Depending on your mechanical capability, yes. Which sensor did they say need to be replaced?

If its a front sensor I would recommend changing the entire hub. A new hub will come with a sensor and it will make the job easier.

MoMobile

Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
I would consider my mechanical aptitude a 7 on a scale of 10 but for something like a hub replacement I would get a shop to do it although I've done it on my FWD car yearsss ago. Wouldn't the truck end a front end alignment if the hub was replaced?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
MoMobile said:
I would consider my mechanical aptitude a 7 on a scale of 10 but for something like a hub replacement I would get a shop to do it although I've done it on my FWD car yearsss ago. Wouldn't the truck end a front end alignment if the hub was replaced?

Nope, it won't need a realignment. You are not replacing or removing ant suspension components.

NV7

Jul 18, 2013
Yep. Remove wheel, caliper and bracket and slide off the rotor. Remove the axle nut and the three beta holding the hub in and slide it off.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online