NEED HELP ABS issue

LovingmyXUV

Original poster
May 1, 2021
Greenville, NC
I haven't looked into it yet but Fluid is full and I don't see anything disconnected but tonight Thursday July 29 on my way home from a short 20 mile trip my ABS light came on while braking. After turning left it went out for a second then came back on. Finished the last two miles and got home. Just wondering if anyone has seen or knows of any small issues I should check first. 2004 Envoy XUV 4.2 litre. 2WD

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Moved to its own thread since it's not related to the other thread.

Sounds like a sensor's wires are either broken or shorted when you turned the wheel. You would need a scanner able to read ABS codes to confirm or inspect the wires at each sensor.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor.

The only way to know for sure is to get it scanned with a SRS/ABS scanner. A regular MIL scanner will not do it.

LovingmyXUV

Original poster
May 1, 2021
Greenville, NC
So after checking this thing out. ( I did but a scanner which told me the speed sensor was malfunctioning Front left) replaced and light came right back and now it says front right. Had a dealer look and they say it's bad Hub bearings and it's not reading right at sensor. So with that being said and discovered. I am waiting for the brakes to wear down maybe another month then just gonna drop 500 on hubs, full brakes/rotors, and maybe new upper knuckle boots. Thanks guys for offering help.

LovingmyXUV

Original poster
May 1, 2021
Greenville, NC
So after checking this thing out. ( I did but a scanner which told me the speed sensor was malfunctioning Front left) replaced and light came right back and now it says front right. Had a dealer look and they say it's bad Hub bearings and it's not reading right at sensor. So with that being said and discovered. I am waiting for the brakes to wear down maybe another month then just gonna drop 500 on hubs, full brakes/rotors, and maybe new upper knuckle boots. Thanks guys for offering help.
Buy not *****but

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Why spend 500 on hubs?

I bought mine from Detroit Axle, both sides were like 80 bucks.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
ahhh.. Now it all makes sense LOL

I just rebuilt the front of my XUV, hopefully you dont have a rust problem. Can become very problematic if you do!

LovingmyXUV

Original poster
May 1, 2021
Greenville, NC
This car was bought first by an owner an hour from me in Raleigh, NC in 2004, then owned by a second owner in 2009 in the same city and he really cared about it. Now as of 2021 I am the third and last owner in Greenville, NC. When I say zero rust underneath I am not exaggerating at all. Really is a great well loved vehicle. I will post it on the What did you do this weekend when I do it all.

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online