ABS issue, maybe a vacuum leak?

WeaponX

Original poster
Mar 23, 2019
Pittston, PA
Awhile back I replaced all the fuel injectors, well I noticed the small piece of hose in the middle of the intake manifold was as hard as a rock and about to crack so I thought there is a lot of extra hose in the loop from the master cylinder I’ll cut a piece of that. When I put everything back together and was driving my ABS started acting up working, not working then in the middle w light on the off (u get the picture). Now maybe it’s a coincidence because I did also a couple months back replace the hubs and only changed one sensor out so it could be the old sensor I the new hub (ironically it’s pulling to that side so that front wheel is the one locking up and screwing with the ABS) or is it because I took that loop away and now the hose just runs into the manifold almost straight? I’ll get pictures tomorrow if you need them to answer. Thanks guys

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
HA! I did something similar. I just bought a piece of rubber hose from auto zone and made it a straight piece going from the intake manifold to the brake booster. That ended up giving me a HORRIBLE vibration issue.

Buy the original hose. For whatever reason, that bend in the hose is needed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online