Aarkon's Build Thread

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Aarkon said:
A little update: I talked to trs and they are sending me a replacement projector so I can swap it out
Bad news man, apparently TRS cannot communicate with their own employees. TRSMatt on HIDP said they have spare shrouds for the matchbox projectors they are going to sell on their site shortly. Well, Jamielle and Andrew both emailed me today and said that they do not have any spares in stock to sell. The only spares they have in stock match the number of matchbox projectors in stock :blinkhuh: So much for that idea.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Bad news man, apparently TRS cannot communicate with their own employees. TRSMatt on HIDP said they have spare shrouds for the matchbox projectors they are going to sell on their site shortly. Well, Jamielle and Andrew both emailed me today and said that they do not have any spares in stock to sell. The only spares they have in stock match the number of matchbox projectors in stock :blinkhuh: So much for that idea.
My god they are killing me I scoured the site today to see if they posted them yet but no luck. I also need a new mounting nut since my kid lost mine somehow and they said they were out of stock so I may see if I can throw money at them and keep the one off the new one

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: Oh, so THAT's what a mostly finished retrofit looks like!!! I had almost forgotten, since I'm used to looking at my table of scattered parts! :tongue:

Nice work Ryan, those will look good on whoever's TB that gets them from you :thumbsup:

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
So bad news is trs sent my replacement to Connecticut to some random person last week so now I have to start over in the waiting game to finish the last set of lights I did however get the envoy headlights returned today since neither bowl would raise up

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Wow, they messed that one up. I assume they are sending you a replacement free of charge or are they going to try to retrieve the one that went to Connecticut first?

Reactions: Sib and Aarkon

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
Actually the first one was free as well with a return slip for the first projectors so now some guy has a free one and they are sending me another one now

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
That would be awesome haha except then I only have one. Hopefully he uses the return label inside and ships it back to trs

Reactions: Sib and dmanns67

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
got on for nostalgia since I am selling my black tb now and wow it has been a while

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yo long time no see!

Reactions: Aarkon and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Weeeeell lookie who we have here! Atleast it's another GM vehicle.

Reactions: Redbeard and Aarkon

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Don't be such a stranger. Drop by more often!

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
figured it's been a few years maybe stop by and say hi. the new 2015 chevy super sport has been a fun daily now the Camaro and Tb sit for sale

Reactions: Mounce

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Long time no see! 2015 Chevy super sport as in the new CHEVY SS??? Holy hell man post her up!! Wowee what a fiery ride. :drooling::googlyeyes::love0001:

Edit: HA totally missed the other posts.... Anyways nice to see ya again! Hope all is well my dude.

Reactions: Aarkon

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
figured it's been a few years maybe stop by and say hi. the new 2015 chevy super sport has been a fun daily now the Camaro and Tb sit for sale
Totally didn't recognize it, wow got some deep pockets I see lol. You're selling the TB?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hell yeah! I've got a 2011 Caprice PPV! We can be mod buddies!

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
I've been good mounce bought a house a couple years ago then the Camaro for a project but wouldn't say deep pockets though Capote lol I just stuck at saving money and thanks matt I love it so far and yeah hit me up mooseman I be only got an intake and catch can do far but I started by looking for a caprice

Reactions: Matt and Mounce

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I just ordered headers and an exhaust that I had to order from the US since we don't have either Caprices or SS in Canada. Also trying to do wheels but tires are giving grief. I'm over at www.newcaprice.com , same user name.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
nice did you go with the ceramic coated ones? and what brand? you are better off adding me on Facebook since I'm not really on forums anymore just PM me and I have been thinking about wheels later on after my headers and tune that should put me at over 450 at the crank

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't do FB. I got Chevy SS Maximizer stainless headers with cats and JBA cat back that I will have to extend the tips for the longer Caprice. $2000 CAD total + taxes when I bring it all over the border. Didn't see anything ceramic coated off the shelf. Stainless is good enough for me. The manifolds on these are really choking these engines. Others measured the outlet at 1 7/8 to the cat! Basically the same size as one header runner.

Aarkon

Original poster
Nov 6, 2013
since our cars are rare there is limited supply for good fit longtubes mine would still be about $1600 in the states but you should get them coated by a local shop if you can they reduce engine heat immensely and can be touched by hand shortly after the engine is shut down I had a family member with a built goat and it was crazy how fast they cooled down can't remember the tube size off the top of my head though

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'll definitely look into it. Already spent so much money and the wife doesn't know it yet :suicide:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.